Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.2 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorlindyd
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2011

Just got my latest blood test levels back -
    everything pretty mid normal except my ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) level is 2mm/h (which is the lowest of the "normal" range.
    I have googled it and its seems that "actual" normal is quite a lot higher and 2 is in fact considered to be very low, especially in a female.
    Considering this is a marker of inflammation it seems very strange that it is low due to my arthritis issues..
    It also seems that most people with CFS show a low ESR rate.
    Just curious if anyone else here has any blood results lying around and they can check their ESR levels..
    My Urea was low too (below the normal rates) but I guess this could be explained by the fact that due to having removed meat and dairy from my diet my actual protein intake is quite low so this would affect the test.
    Lindy xx
    • CommentAuthorcjeanbrown
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2011

I don't have the results but I remember a Dr, about ten years ago telling me from test results,my sedimentation rate was either too high or low, I thought he said high,not sure,he said it should be watched.I had to change Dr s and asked the new one about it and he acted like it wasn,t important,I wondered about it, Jean
    • CommentAuthorBuster
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2011

lindy,

My sedimentation rates have always been either zero or very low.

Buster
    My results have always been in the normal range, and as far as I can remember nowhere near the top of the normal range.
    • CommentAuthorm0xie
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2011

My most recent one was 3mm.
    • CommentAuthorvelha508
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2012

2 years ago my ESR was ZERO, I had severe CFS and was homebound.

I followed this methylation protocol and through personal experience found that all of the brand and 'type' recommendations held true for me:

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/showthread.php?11522-Active-B12-Protocol-Basics

I did very well for a two years on this protocol. However, my digestive symptoms never got better (sals!) and after some stresses in my personal life and falling off the protocol wagon my SS got a lot worse, to the point now where I do not appear to be tolerating even foods in the low category. I have inflammation following ingestion of sals, I also experience tiredness, fatigue and brain fog - though nowhere near the level I was pre-methylation protocol.

A recent ESR was 6 or 7.
    • CommentAuthorMarja E
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2017

Mine is 2. I'm struggling with severe joint pain, especially in my wrists and ankles, but have low esr and normal crp.

I know osteoarthritis can cause severe joint point without high esr or high crp, but it usually hits knees and or hips instead of wists and ankles. I don't know what else can cause severe joint pain without high esr or high crp.