Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.2 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorJtoz54
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2012

Hi, I just recently found a brand of lipstick that agrees with me. Its the HEMP ORGANICS brand.
    All my other lipsticks were making my dry mouth and burning lips worse. I was always trying to avoid salicylates in my lipsticks but overlooked the yellow dye #5 and red dye #40 etc. Those artificial colors made from coal tar and petroleum are so toxic and here I was licking them off my lips every day. I am so happy with this brand. Theres a real neutral one called CHAI and a darker brown one MOCHA which I mix. THis is not an adverisement, Its just me, Joan, sharing something that I am so happy with. Take care
    • CommentAuthorFantazmic
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2012

Joan it is the most sensational lipstick

I use the Coral with the Bordeaux Lip liner....it looks fantastic......and really really stays on.
    • CommentAuthorbebe
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2012

Wow! I am very much hoping you are right Joan and Fantazmic. I thought I'd never be able to use lipstick again because of the very problems with salicylates you mentioned as well as the toxicity of many natural earth pigments (I know because I have made a lot of my own colors in ceramics). I imagine some colors are safer than others, eh? Is there a way where we can find out what the actual pigments are for particular colors??

Bea
    • CommentAuthorFantazmic
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2012

maybe if you emailed hemp organics they would tell you

I never thought about the actual colours being toxic...only lead content
    • CommentAuthorFantazmic
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2012

let us know i you decide to ask...and what the reply is
    • CommentAuthorbebe
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2012

When I get some extra time I will look into it--if you haven't done it first! Meanwhile I usually use a bright colored hat, scarf or clothes to make up for the fact I use no make up these days.
    • CommentAuthorJtoz54
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2012

Hi, heres some of the ingredients:

Hemp Organics Lipstick
    Organic Lipstick with Hemp Seed Oil

Description:

Moisturize delicate lips while adding subtle to bold color accents with pure earth minerals. No animal testing, No synthetic preservatives and fragrance free. This organic lipstick delivers natural pigments in a traditional lipstick shape, yet maintains it’s organic integrity. The base is 95% certified organic ingredients, and uses no petro-derived dyes or F, D, & C pigmentation that can dry and crack your lips. For more intense lips, wear with a base of colorganics™ lip liners.

Lead Free Lipstick * see below
    Made with Hemp Seed Oil and Organic Beeswax
    Made in the USA, No F,D, and C Dyes
    Wheat and Gluten Free Lipstick
    Petroleum Free**

The only thing I was worried about was the beeswax but it seems to be OK.

xoxoxoxoxox and these kisses have lipstick on them baby. hahaha
    • CommentAuthorJtoz54
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2015

Three years later and still using the hemp organics lipstick. But i'very had a problem with burning lips n mouth. Wondering if it's the lipstick. I'll have to discontinue it for awhile n see. Anyone else experience this problem?
    • CommentAuthorJtoz54
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2016

For the past year my dry mouth n burning lips have been really bad.Last month I had a sinus infection and cough. Had to go on an antibiotic. I also had a cold sore on my lip so I stopped my lipstick (hemp organics ). A week later my dry mouth and burning lips got a lot better. I'm not even sure if they're 2 separate problems or totally connected.
    Could the antibiotic have cured a saliva gland infection. I'm sure the Hemp organics lipstick was part of the culprit. So grateful for saliva again. I also stopped using baby oil (mineral oil) on my legs once I read how it suffocate your cells and ages your skin.
    • CommentAuthorLlij
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2017

Hi, l looked at hemp organics lipstick ingredients but according to my list of things to avoid most of the ingredients were on the salicylate containing list so I didn't think I would try them.