Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.2 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthoradmin
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2014 edited

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to write to let you know that I have been working on some important updates to the site that will be ready soon. These updates will allow for better security and maintenance on the back end, but will also have an updated design as well. When I do move over to the new version the current site will need to be down for a little bit, maybe just a couple hours.

If you would like to be notified when this happens you can sign up to receive updates here: http://eepurl.com/2yoWX

Health to you and yours,
    Bryan
    • CommentAuthorlindyd
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2014

Just to let everyone know that we are now sorting out the spam. I am deleting it as soon as I can and then Bryan is blocking the spammers when I send him the usernames.
    Hopefully they will get bored if we make it difficult for them as it has been getting silly recently.
    Lindy x
    • CommentAuthorlindyd
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2014

The main spammers have now been blocked and spam now appears to be under control - hurray! Bryan has now removed the automatic acceptance for forum membership and potential forum members now have to go through Rita or me before being accepted. A few spammers will slip through but we will block them pronto!
    Lindy
    xx
    • CommentAuthorRita
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2015

Happy New Year Lindy! Good Work.
    • CommentAuthorJtoz54
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2015

Although I understand its because of the spammers, I feel sad that there is no more automatic acceptance onto the forum. I might not have joined years ago if that were the case. Does it mean they can read everything on the forum but they cant respond or ask a question ? If thats the case I guess its ok as long as they have access to all the invaluable information. Joan
    • CommentAuthorlindyd
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2015 edited

Hi Joan
    If you want it back the way it was thats fine.. but you can take on the job of removing the spam! Before Rita and I took on the (unpaid) job of pre-approving I was removing large amounts of spam each day from the site -some days the only posts were spam - much of which you would never have got to see as you are on a different time zone to me...
    I wasn't a little problem it was a big problem!
    Normal People had mostly stopped posting and we seem to have "lost" a lot of our older members..
    It's nice to see the (mostly) spam free forum "coming to life" again with a new generation of members..
    Most applicants are approved the same day they apply - it is only the "suspicious" usernames or email addresses who are contacted first and asked to confirm that they are a "genuine" member..
    As I don't "run" the site - only moderate - I'm not sure exactly how much information people can access without being a member but I "think" that the general Site info can be accessed but non members cannot take part in forum discussions.

Lindy x
    • CommentAuthorRita
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2015

Yes Joan, everyone has access to read all the posts. They only have to join the forum if they want to post.
    • CommentAuthorDavid
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2015

Rita, It's much improved!!
    • CommentAuthorJtoz54
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2015

Ok thanks, didnt mean to upset you Lindy. And I do appreciate all that you do to monitor the site. Thanks, Joan
    • CommentAuthorlindyd
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2016 edited

I will be away in Morocco (with a suitcase of safe food) from 29th June for a week.
    Internet will probably be dodgy so may not be able to get online.
    I will clear up any spam that manages to get onto the forum when I return :o)
    Hopefully Rita will be able to approve any new member requests but apologies to anyone who requests to join if there is a delay in approval.
    Lindy (moderator) xx
    • CommentAuthorRobbie
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2016

Thank you for the opportunity to join this site as it is good to be able to chat to people with the same issue's as the empathy and understanding is there as a given and so I look forward to adding to the blogs and reading everyone's idea's, suggestions, experiences and I am a student for life as I have been researching for a very long time. I also have not just salicylate but amine, oxalate, dairy,gluten, all grains so like all of you our lives are challenged every day. Also I react to chemicals, colourings and preservatives and always looking forward not backward and thinking about what I can eat and not what I cannot eat although it is lovely to look at the cakes especially cheese cake as only became dairy intolerant in 2011 and I think it was the hardest to cope with but all good now and have substituted in recipes with oil for butter. Wishing everyone a good day, and may you find something to enjoy not always food but it could be a good book, movie , a lovely sunset, friendship, family etc etc. Robbie