Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.2 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorSheila
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2015

After accidently spilling some vinegar on my skin, I rubbed it into my skin ! only a little. I suffered a milk anaphal. shock, has anyone else had this.
    I can use a vinegar and water air spray for germs and don't have any reaction at all. But on my skin something awful happened.... any comments welcombed
    • CommentAuthorRita
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2015

Hi Sheila, I have also experienced anaphalactoid shock after eating a dinner of high sals at the beginning of my problems. I had to walk around with an epipen for some time. A couple of Benadryl calmed the reaction. Scarry as heck, though! You should always keep some close at hand.
    • CommentAuthorRobyn

I've found that even though it might seem like I'm not having a reaction, that it's been helpful to try to minimize even inhaling fumes or the steam from high-salicylate foods or compounds like vinegar. But we're all different of course.

What type of vinegar was it? I ask because I read that malt vinegar is low salicylate. Is that true?
    • CommentAuthorSheila

It was Malt vinegar. I feel now that my reactions are more and more, I'm not sure that keeping off all sals is a good idea !! I react to more and more foods. Life is restricting more than it was.
    • CommentAuthorJacqui
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2015

Hi Sheila

I have had 2 mild anaphalaxis episodes, the first when trying to take a spoonful of Gees linctus for a cough then 1 more from vinegar, I was told a spoonful of vinegar everyday was good for you! It was very scary.
    • CommentAuthorMk80
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2016

Vinegar is apparently high in Sulphites (which are thought to be heavily tied into Salicylate issues) so perhaps this was the source of the issue rather than any Sal content?
    • CommentAuthorJoj
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2016

My allergist/immunologist said it's the tyramine content. Anything fermented or aged is out for most of us; they rate in the High list on most Australian lists, and most of the other recent lists I've seen.
    • CommentAuthorSheila
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2017

I agree, anything fermented in any way has a bad effect on me always
    Anything ending in "ine" too, p,us all the other things blah....
    I am getting worse I know.