Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.2 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorSheila
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2015

Although almost all of us are still ill, trying all sorts of remedies - I wonder should our liver issues be sorted out first ? Low liver function can lead to food allergies of all sorts. Mentioning this because years back I was told I had low liver function.. .... never told by doc. how to treat this, one stupid doc. told me to "cut down on my drinking" !!!! I have never drank all my life.
    Comments on this subject welcome.
    This is what methylation supports would be doing .. ie helping to support the liver .. Have you looked into the work of Dr Amy Yasko... She has a group where with the proper tests done .. like the genetic test you can get free advice as to what supplements to take..

I decided against it as it too pricey for my life . I have a friend who was wheel chair bound two years ago and has been doing the Yasko protocal .. She is about to sign up for a marathon run !!! so it worked for her.. The protocal is alot of work so if young may be worth it to get some basic supports while you try to rebalance the system

The HPA axis is super important as well... has to do with all sorts of hormones ..On my recent homeopathic adventure called Heilkunst they help to support my liver/ gallbladder and HPA axis which is the hypothalamus / pituitary and adrenals..
    • CommentAuthorBetsysezzz
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2015

I tried the Yasco protocol....it's an awesome program but not at all salicylate friendly....I had to stop because almost all of the recommended supplements also have added herbals....
    • CommentAuthorTalismanJ
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2017

Yes, low liver function is a catalyst for your issues.

Eat one red delicious apple a day as it will strengthen and cleanse an overworked and/or compromised liver.

Also, first thing in the morning cut 1/3 of a fresh lemon. Pour water in a coffee mug or glass. Place the remaining lemon in tin foil and place in the fridge. Squeeze the juices from the 1/3 lemon into the mug or glass. Drink the lemon juice water slowly (approx. 5 minutes). The lemon activates the enzymes in the liver. You may do this 3 times a day.

Eat oatmeal as well.

After your liver is strengthened (4 to 5 weeks) you may add beets and carrots once a week as it is a strong liver cleanser.

Please keep in mind you will do more harm than good if you try to heal an overworked and/or compromised liver with strong liver detox pills, beets, etc. as a weakened liver is not in condition to handle it thus making the liver even worse.

Bad news is salicylates are stored in the kidneys and the liver. So yes you need to strengthen and cleanse the liver so the liver may process the salicylate toxins out of your body. This is why drinking water is crucial as the water helps excrete salicylates out of the kidneys thru the urine.
    • CommentAuthorMarja E
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2017

"Eat one red delicious apple a day as it will strengthen and cleanse an overworked and/or compromised liver."

"Also, first thing in the morning cut 1/3 of a fresh lemon. Pour water in a coffee mug or glass. Place the remaining lemon in tin foil and place in the fridge. Squeeze the juices from the 1/3 lemon into the mug or glass. Drink the lemon juice water slowly (approx. 5 minutes). The lemon activates the enzymes in the liver. You may do this 3 times a day."

Fructose triggers my migraines. No way in hell am I going to put myself through that hell.
    • CommentAuthorlindyd
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2017

**MODERATOR NOTE**
    Lemons and Red Delicous apples are on the Moderate Salicylate list, Therefore the above suggestion may not be suitable for forum members who have an issue with moderate levels of salicyates.
    • CommentAuthorTalismanJ
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2017

Hi Marja E,

I recommend the use of red delicious apples and fresh lemons as they our most tolerable for an overworked and/or compromised liver whereas you can also eat beets and carrots however - as I noted above - beets and carrots are strong liver cleansers. Please keep in mind you will do more harm than good if you try to heal an overworked and/or compromised liver with strong liver detox pills, beets, etc. as a weakened liver is not in condition to handle it thus making the liver even worse i.e. bowel movements from as you put it Hell. :)

Please remember drinking water as noted in my healing method is a key as the body stores salicylates in our liver and our kidneys - the water allows the body to flush out salicylates in the kidneys through the urine. You need to minimize your intake of salicylates and increase your body's ability to remove salicylates from the body.

As noted in my healing method - During the day take a 5 oz. Dixie cup and fill it full of water. Drink it with small sips. Repeat 2 more times. The 8 to 10 glasses (8 oz.) of water a day is a fairly accurate rule to live by. Small sips as believe it or not the human body can only process water at a small clip so those who guzzle their water most of it goes straight to the kidneys for urination and not used by the body to transport vitamins and minerals. REMEMBER you can drink too much water and it can be harmful to you when you do. Be smart. But it is true you can urinate salicylates out of your kidneys by drinking water. I use tap water filtered by Du Pont carbon filter and whole house filter. You can buy a filter that adapts to your kitchen sink faucet from Lowe's, Menards, Home Depot, etc.).

Removing the salicylate build up in the kidneys will also aid the load of salicylates on the liver. And of course minimizing alcohol consumption as alcohol is Hell on the liver.

Just trying to help you out no need to be combative. :)
    • CommentAuthorSheila
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2017

Hi Talisman !
    Have you got sals or amine allergy ?
    I ask because "your" healing programme completely overlooks the sals issue.
    Most people here are on very limited foods, including root veg. And apples, strawberries etc
    Oatmeal would be out for grain sensitive people......

Just querious !
    • CommentAuthorTalismanJ

Hi Sheila,

I've cured my sals allergy. As I told Pruitmama in the post under my healing method the following but bare in mind my healing method and view on sals has been approved and verified by the head ER doctor (he apologized for his ER doctor who misdiagnosed my symptoms and lowered my bill to peanuts) on staff at my local hospital as well as my physician and another physician specializing in metal intoxication and hormones. So when I mention the liver, kidneys, molybdenum, etc. it is all true even though the moderators say we can not expressly declare it on this website without medical studies, etc. :)

My healing method directly addresses and cures the sals issue - I'm living proof. Unfortunately the subject is a bit too complex for some people plus the doctors can't make a buck selling you drugs with my method henceforth they usually don't mention it as an alternative method - they like you sick it makes them money.

Also please note sals triggers allergies, sleep apnoea, asthma, etc. see this link for more: http://www.westonaprice.org/health-topics/plants-bite-back/

From said link

“When in doubt, eat fruits and veggies.” Might seem like good advice except for the fact that fruits and vegetables are not only high in carbs but also contain all-natural phytochemicals known as salicylates. As with other plant foods that bite back, salicylates evolved to fight predators. And organic fruits and vegetables seem to have more of them.80 These are not-too-distant chemical cousins of the salicylates found in hundreds of over-the-counter (OTC) medications and prescription drugs used to relieve minor aches and pains, reduce fever and inflammation, thin the blood, dry up diarrhea and treat skin conditions such as acne, warts and psoriasis. The most famous OTC members of the salicylate family are aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid), Ben Gay (methyl salicylate), Pepto Bismol (bismuth subsalicylate) and Doan’s (magnesium salicylate).81,82 Salicylates are also increasingly found in alternative medicines and Chinese herbs, particularly topical oils.83

Many people today are so salicylate intolerant that they experience adverse reactions not only to drugs but also to salicylate-rich foods like fruits and vegetables. Reactions are caused when arachidonic acid is tripped into the inflammatory chemicals called leukotrienes, causing dilated blood vessels, constricted bronchial passages and mucus production.84 In addition to experiencing allergy-like symptoms, people sensitive to salicylates may suffer from asthma, hives, nasal polyps, chronic swelling and a wide variety of gastrointestinal symptoms, including irritable bowel. Salicylates are also linked to a long list of physical and mental symptoms, including— just for starters—acne, bedwetting, restless leg syndrome, tinnitus, tics, styes, hyperactivity, headaches, anxiety, hallucinations, weepiness, blurred vision, fidgiting, bad breath, body odor, and even constant hunger!85 Obviously, there are many other risk factors for these complaints, but 2-4 percent of outpatients attending allergy clinics, 2 percent of those with Crohn’s disease, 7 percent of those with ulcerative colitis, and 15-20 percent of those who attend ear, nose and throat clinics are salicylate intolerant.86,87

end excerpt

Symptoms: I literally couldn't breathe and it felt as though my throat was closing up shortly after eating a variety of foods with salicylates and/or being exposed to fragrances, cleaning agents (pine sol, etc.) (as noted above) which lead to a trip to the ER (as noted above) which lead to my search and solution. I would wake up in the middle of a deep sleep gasping for air - which is frightening especially if you don't know what is causing the issue.

Yes, I am completely healed and yes I can tolerate high salicylates of any sort. Good genes, LOL - the length of the process depends on each person's body makeup - some people can't take the lemon juice in high quantities due to acid reflux, etc.

As noted above - "I have survived several shortness of breath episodes by simply drinking water and walking the halls of my house. I have been to the ER only once when my issue first started last Fall. Please also buy some Children's Benadryl (available at Wal-Mart, Target, etc.) as 15 ml (plastic cup comes with the bottle) also helps with a breathing attack."

Please remember drinking water as noted in my healing method is a key as the body stores salicylates in our liver and our kidneys - the water allows the body to flush out salicylates in the kidneys through the urine. You need to minimize your intake of salicylates and increase your body's ability to remove salicylates from the body.

As noted in my healing method - During the day take a 5 oz. Dixie cup and fill it full of water. Drink it with small sips. Repeat 2 more times. The 8 to 10 glasses (8 oz.) of water a day is a fairly accurate rule to live by. Small sips as believe it or not the human body can only process water at a small clip so those who guzzle their water most of it goes straight to the kidneys for urination and not used by the body to transport vitamins and minerals. REMEMBER you can drink too much water and it can be harmful to you when you do. Be smart. But it is true you can urinate salicylates out of your kidneys by drinking water. I use tap water filtered by Du Pont carbon filter and whole house filter. You can buy a filter that adapts to your kitchen sink faucet from Lowe's, Menards, Home Depot, etc.).
    • CommentAuthorTalismanJ

Some nights I slept upright in a chair as some of my breathing attacks occurred while I was lying down on my back sleeping - that is why I would sleep with my head arched on two pillows to minimize the issue as well.

Please go to this website http://atpscience.com/salicylate-foods-sensitivity-intolerances-and-food-list/ as it has a accurate list of salicylates in food. On the list fresh lemons and red delicious apples are low salicylates.

As I noted above:

Excerpt from ATP Science.com

Salicylate load and intolerance

We regularly consume salicylates and our body has to detoxify and clear away these chemicals before they accumulate. We have a threshold for symptoms. Once our salicylate load gets to around that level we start getting allergic style inflammatory reactions.

Once our load drops through avoidance and enhanced clearance the symptoms will often disappear. The symptoms will re appear if your salicylate levels creep up again. If your salicylate load is hovering around that symptom threshold than you can react every time you touch salicylate foods.

End excerpt.

Bad news is salicylates are stored in the kidneys and the liver. So yes you need to strengthen and cleanse the liver so the liver may process the salicylate toxins out of your body. This is why drinking water is crucial as the water helps excrete salicylates out of the kidneys thru the urine.

The red delicious apples, lemons and oatmeal are light liver cleansers that an overworked/compromised liver can handle. Obviously, it is a good idea to avoid alcohol as alcohol overworks the liver.

Please keep in mind you will do more harm than good if you try to heal an overworked and/or compromised liver with strong liver detox pills, beets, etc. as a weakened liver is not in condition to handle it thus making the liver even worse.

The liver is also responsible for the metabolism of fat in the body. I lost the weight as I removed the excess salicylates from my liver thus allowing my liver to function normally again and melt away the fat.

My method heals the liver and the adrenal glands (some of the foods are to strengthen the adrenal glands) - that is why it works with natural (not organic) foods - no medicine - that's the part the doctors don't like as they can't make a buck off my method. :)

Strengthen the liver and adrenal glands and your body will become in balance as God intended.

Let me know if you have any more questions or concerns.

**MODERATOR NOTE**
    Lemons and Red Delicous apples are on the Moderate Salicylate list, Therefore the above suggestion may not be suitable for forum members who have an issue with moderate levels of salicyates.
    • CommentAuthorSheila
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2017 edited

Hi Talisman J,
    Well that was good info.
    But quite a lot to remember, so may I recap !
    A. Drink more water,
    B. Lemon juice in water daily
    C. Red delicious apple daily.

Is that the basis ? Did you take anything at all.?
    And how did you deal with sals in foods ?
    Obviously oatmeal, but I have a problem with grains.....I take no supplement pills as these are full of rubbish.
    I never have drank, so no problem there.
    Can you simply list what you did yourself please.
    But perhaps you have listed this in "cures" section, if so would be glad of the heading link.
    Many thanks.

I.e. As a list, easier to follow than excerpts, especially when you have brain fog
    • CommentAuthorTalismanJ
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2017

Hi Sheila,

Here is a link to my ebook on the subject which contains lists, etc. with a clearer more concise layout of my complete method.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06W9GY4FM

Talisman J
    • CommentAuthorTalismanJ
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2017

Consider this... brain fog is also caused by eating garlic as it desynchronizes the left and right side of the brain per the military.