Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.2 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorSheila
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2015 edited

Well all of us have a sulphite problem, it appears, that sulphites have a way of making our body acidic anyway, which means being ill in all manner of ways. Our MISSING ENZYME surely is SULPHITE OXYDASE.... but how to replace this without taking on board a load of other chemicals via supplements that are loaded with them.....
    B12, Zinc and molybdenum seem to be correct, but not if they are loaded with chemicals. The route is to find something without them..... This is the most difficult part. So any input anyone has found out then please post info.
    There is a guy in N.Zealand/Australia that has created a molybdenum powder that is added to wine to eradicate the sulphites. Will post this later when I find it. Not sure if it would be enough for us though But the principle must be the same.
    PS. Arthritis is only acid attacking tissues. Solanine found in pots. and toms. is acidic, hence arthritic pain in my case.
    PPS It's rather like the missing enzyme in milk = lactase..... this converts lactose in milk for easy digestionn. I have a lactose intolerance, so have to have milk with the added enzyme which is lactase.... BUT it is added to the milk. So if that works then in theory so should the above remedy ????? Bye the way the lactase is removed by pausturisation of milk.... and then has to be put back =crazy or what.
    I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MILK IF I HAVE RAW MILK.......this is expensive to o btain. But it still dosn't alter the fact that other sulphites are causing problems.
    • CommentAuthorSheila
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2015

Here is the link: UBFREE.CO.NZ This site will tell you about the drops that counteract sulphites in wine, but I have contacted them to see if it may work re: foods.
    • CommentAuthorMk80
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2016

Nice find - did you get any further with this?
    • CommentAuthorSheila
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2016

No sadly I will try again though. Has anyone else contact the site ??
    • CommentAuthorTalismanJ
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2016 edited

The body only needs a small amount of the trace mineral molybdenum which we can get easily from our diets. The problem is when you have a high copper diet the molybdenum gets used up rapidly by combining with the copper not the sulphites in our bodies. Men are supposed to have a 9 to 1 ratio zinc to copper diet and women are supposed to have a 4 to 1 ratio zinc to copper diet. Unfortunately a majority of the healthy foods they promote today (sweet potato, avocado, etc.) are high in copper and low in zinc coupled with the demonizing of eating red meat (best most absorbable zinc source - you can have 6 to 8 servings a week spread out) you have many people with high copper diets. The dark meat of the chicken (legs, wings, thighs) would be your other source of zinc as they have 19% zinc per leg, thigh, etc. A hamburger has 54% zinc.

Lower your copper intake in your diet, lower your intake of high sulphite foods and preservatives such as maple syrup, brown sugar, etc. and include green beans, oatmeal, 2% white milk (not chocolate as chocolate is loaded with copper) buy in glass bottle or jug not plastic (as the molybdenum will be used up attaching itself to the toxins seeped into the milk from the plastic jug), vanilla custard (Culver's Custard, etc.) and some kidney, black, etc. beans in your diet and you will get the results you are looking for. Remember too much molybdenum (usually from taking too many supplements) can be toxic to the body.

Go to World's Healthiest Foods website WHfoods.com and they have a list of 100 healthiest foods where they give you a breakdown of the vitamins and minerals in a serving of food - this will help you rebalance your diet.

Good luck!
    • CommentAuthorSheila
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2016

Well thank you for your advice: but I don't eat anything but organic foods, and never food from the supermarket..... I eat organic red meat, but am allergic to legumes, can't understand what you mean by 2% whit milk ???? I have lacto free milk, no carbohydrates as my body can't take it. Plenty of fish, some fruits (histamine).... plenty of organic veg. !!!!!!!!!!
    I don't think my diet is unbalanced !
    • CommentAuthorTalismanJ
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2017

Here is a website with a complete list of foods and drinks that have molybdenum in them in varying degrees.

http://wholefoodcatalog.info/nutrient/molybdenum/nuts_and_seeds/high/

This link will take you to one of the lists, then from there scroll down and you will be able to access the other lists of foods.

I have added Rye bread to my diet and it is an excellent source of molybdenum.

Also, most people who have an issue with sulfites usually have an issue with bad breath in some form - this is because sulphur is a cause of bad breath and sulfites are a form of sulphur. Getting the proper amount of molybdenum from your diet will curb the bad breath and will also alleviate some bloating in the stomach area as sulfites will also cause bloating.
    • CommentAuthorTalismanJ
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2017

Eating more foods with molybdenum allows you to eat more foods with sulfites like eggs, brown sugar, etc.