Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.2 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorTalismanJ
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2016 edited

A BIG THANK YOU to this website and all who run and help it grow. It is a blessing. Thank God.

Salicylates are a plant's natural toxin. We are not intended to eat these foods such as cinnamon, peanuts, sweet potato, etc. or consume salicylates in our beauty products in large amounts as they place a heavy burden on our liver and our adrenal glands to remove these toxins from our bodies. The trouble is salicylates are addictive to eat for all humans as they trigger an euphoric rush in us when eaten. They also cause inflammation in our bodies. Plus since the 1980's are food has been laced with salicylates from high fructose corn syrup, BHA, BHT, etc. Which explains the explosion of Autism, ADHD, cancer, etc. since the 1980's. You do not have a disease. You have a run down liver and/or adrenal glands that is causing your salicylate sensitivity.

Excerpt from ATP Science.com

Salicylates

Salicylates are organics chemicals found naturally in many herbs, vegetables, fruits, and nuts. Salicylates act like preservatives, they prevent rot and disease and protect against pests. They are stored in the most vulnerable plant parts; the leaves, bark, roots, skin and seeds.

Salicylate load and intolerance

We regularly consume salicylates and our body has to detoxify and clear away these chemicals before they accumulate. We have a threshold for symptoms. Once our salicylate load gets to around that level we start getting allergic style inflammatory reactions.

Once our load drops through avoidance and enhanced clearance the symptoms will often disappear. The symptoms will re appear if your salicylate levels creep up again. If your salicylate load is hovering around that symptom threshold than you can react every time you touch salicylate foods.

Signs and symptoms of salicylate sensitivity
    ◦Headaches, migraines
    ◦Itchy skin rashes such as hives (urticaria), eczema. Itchiness is often worse after hot shower and / or exercise
    ◦Irritable bowel symptoms – reflux in babies or adults, nausea, vomiting, stomach bloating and discomfort, wind, diarrhoea and/or constipation
    ◦Bedwetting, cystitis and increased frequency of urination
    ◦Asthma, sinus congestion, itching, sneezing and excessive phlegm
    ◦Behaviour problems such as irritability, restlessness, inattention and learning difficulties
    ◦Sleep disturbance and sleep apnoea
    ◦Anxiety, depression, panic attacks
    ◦Tinnitus
    ◦Joint pain, inflammation and arthritis
    ◦Swelling and fluid retention
    ◦Mouth Ulcers or raw hot red rash around mouth
    ◦Persistent cough
    ◦Sore, itchy, puffy, watery or burning eyes
    ◦Muscle cramp, tremor, twitch

End excerpt.
    • CommentAuthorTalismanJ

With that said, you need to strengthen your liver and adrenal glands to deal with the toxins. I recovered from my bout with salicylate sensitivity and so can you using these proven methods.

When you wake up in the morning:

First thing in the morning cut 1/3 of a fresh lemon. Pour water in a coffee mug or glass. Place the remaining lemon in tin foil and place in the fridge. Squeeze the juices from the 1/3 lemon into the mug or glass. Drink the lemon juice water slowly (approx. 5 minutes). The lemon activates the enzymes in the liver. Then take a 5 oz. Dixie cup and fill it full of water. Drink it with small sips. Repeat 2 more times. You will urinate a golden color within about 20 to 30 minutes. Repeat this process around noon, 5 PM and 30 minutes before bed time. After the first 2 weeks of this process cut back on the lemon juice by drinking it first thing in the morning and 30 minutes before bed time. After the 5th week you can wean yourself off of the lemon juice by just drinking it first thing in the morning. After the 7th week your liver should be healthy enough to drink lemon juice 3 times a week (morning) crucial step to strengthen your adrenal glands (lemon juice will remove calcium from the body and your adrenal glands do need calcium to strengthen the adrenal glands). Please note: If you start to have tenderness in the stomach area then please back off or go a day without the lemon juice method as the tenderness is coming from the acid of the lemon juice.

Eat breakfast within 30 minutes to an hour of waking up.

Breakfast should be plain oatmeal (Quaker's Oats - Old Fashioned or instant) I use old fashioned with milk and a dash of salt (Morton's iodized salt). No sugar, maple syrup or fruit as the sugar will further drain the adrenal glands.
    Breakfast may also be buttered toast (real butter - sweet cream and salt for ingredients), buttered toast with garlic powder sprinkled on top or peanut butter (Skippy Creamy)on toast as that fat and protein is excellent for the adrenal glands. Please note: 2 or 4 slices of buttered toast a week as too much butter will raise your bad cholesterol. Breakfast may also be eggs (over easy, scrambled or omelette) but REMEMBER only 2 to 4 eggs a week as the egg yolk is great for the liver but too many increases your bad cholesterol.

During the day take a 5 oz. Dixie cup and fill it full of water. Drink it with small sips. Repeat 2 more times. The 8 to 10 glasses (8 oz.) of water a day is a fairly accurate rule to live by. Small sips as believe it or not the human body can only process water at a small clip so those who guzzle their water most of it goes straight to the kidneys for urination and not used by the body to transport vitamins and minerals. REMEMBER you can drink too much water and it can be harmful to you when you do. Be smart. But it is true you can urinate salicylates out of your kidneys by drinking water. I use tap water filtered by Du Pont carbon filter and whole house filter. You can buy a filter that adapts to your kitchen sink faucet from Lowe's, Menards, Home Depot, etc.).

I have survived several shortness of breath episodes by simply drinking water and walking the halls of my house. I have been to the ER only once when my issue first started last Fall. Please also buy some Children's Benadryl (available at Wal-Mart, Target, etc.) as 15 ml (plastic cup comes with the bottle) also helps with a breathing attack.

Here is a link to my ebook on the subject with the rest of my complete method I used to heal myself in 5 1/2 months.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06W9GY4FM

Talisman J
    • CommentAuthorTalismanJ

• CommentAuthorTalismanJ

• CommentAuthorlindyd
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2016

Thank you for your suggestions TalismanJ, plenty of common sense here! it is good that you have found a regime that suits you and has helped you personally :o)
    • CommentAuthorTalismanJ
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2016 edited

• CommentAuthorTalismanJ
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2016 edited

• CommentAuthorTalismanJ
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2017

Just a follow up post...

I am still fully healed using this method and maintain a healthy weight of 180 lbs. :)

Happy New Year!
    • CommentAuthorpruittmama
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2017

It's nice that you've found a way to overcome your ss, especially in just 5 months! Over the years I've employed a number of methods to support both my liver and HPA axis. I've had a reduction of some symptoms, but an increase in others. But one thing remains the same: I can't eat high salicylate foods. I still have an immediate food poisoning-like reaction.

So I'm curious about your experience. What symptoms were you experiencing that led you to a diagnosis of ss? Were you previously aware of any aspirin/NSAID intolerance? Did you have sensitivities to not only sals in foods, but also those found in personal products, toiletries, cleaning products, etc? Do you consider yourself healed completely and able to tolerate salicylates of any sort now? Also, you said "it takes at least 6 months to recover", yet you were able to recover in 5. Why was the process a bit faster for you? Finally, while you were in the healing process and eating moderate - high sal foods (tomato sauce on pizza, lemons, apples, etc) and using products with sals (Gold Bond w/ Aloe), how did you tolerate the sals before being cured?

I look forward to hearing your experience!
    • CommentAuthorTalismanJ
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2017

Thanks, Pruittmama!

Symptoms: I literally couldn't breathe and it felt as though my throat was closing up shortly after eating a variety of foods with salicylates and/or being exposed to fragrances, cleaning agents (pine sol, etc.) (as noted above) which lead to a trip to the ER (as noted above) which lead to my search and solution. I would wake up in the middle of a deep sleep gasping for air - which is frightening especially if you don't know what is causing the issue.

Yes, I am completely healed and yes I can tolerate high salicylates of any sort. Good genes, LOL - the length of the process depends on each person's body makeup - some people can't take the lemon juice in high quantities due to acid reflux, etc.

As noted above - "I have survived several shortness of breath episodes by simply drinking water and walking the halls of my house. I have been to the ER only once when my issue first started last Fall. Please also buy some Children's Benadryl (available at Wal-Mart, Target, etc.) as 15 ml (plastic cup comes with the bottle) also helps with a breathing attack."

Please remember drinking water as noted in my healing method is a key as the body stores salicylates in our liver and our kidneys - the water allows the body to flush out salicylates in the kidneys through the urine. You need to minimize your intake of salicylates and increase your body's ability to remove salicylates from the body.

As noted in my healing method - During the day take a 5 oz. Dixie cup and fill it full of water. Drink it with small sips. Repeat 2 more times. The 8 to 10 glasses (8 oz.) of water a day is a fairly accurate rule to live by. Small sips as believe it or not the human body can only process water at a small clip so those who guzzle their water most of it goes straight to the kidneys for urination and not used by the body to transport vitamins and minerals. REMEMBER you can drink too much water and it can be harmful to you when you do. Be smart. But it is true you can urinate salicylates out of your kidneys by drinking water. I use tap water filtered by Du Pont carbon filter and whole house filter. You can buy a filter that adapts to your kitchen sink faucet from Lowe's, Menards, Home Depot, etc.).

Some nights I slept upright in a chair as some of my breathing attacks occurred while I was lying down on my back sleeping - that is why I would sleep with my head arched on two pillows to minimize the issue as well.

Please go to this website http://atpscience.com/salicylate-foods-sensitivity-intolerances-and-food-list/ as it has a accurate list of salicylates in food. On the list fresh lemons and red delicious apples are low salicylates.

As I noted above:

We regularly consume salicylates and our body has to detoxify and clear away these chemicals before they accumulate. We have a threshold for symptoms. Once our salicylate load gets to around that level we start getting allergic style inflammatory reactions.

Once our load drops through avoidance and enhanced clearance the symptoms will often disappear. The symptoms will re appear if your salicylate levels creep up again. If your salicylate load is hovering around that symptom threshold than you can react every time you touch salicylate foods.

End excerpt.

Bad news is salicylates are stored in the kidneys and the liver. So yes you need to strengthen and cleanse the liver so the liver may process the salicylate toxins out of your body. This is why drinking water is crucial as the water helps excrete salicylates out of the kidneys thru the urine.

The red delicious apples, lemons and oatmeal are light liver cleansers that an overworked/compromised liver can handle. Obviously, it is a good idea to avoid alcohol as alcohol overworks the liver.

Please keep in mind you will do more harm than good if you try to heal an overworked and/or compromised liver with strong liver detox pills, beets, etc. as a weakened liver is not in condition to handle it thus making the liver even worse.

The liver is also responsible for the metabolism of fat in the body. I lost the weight as I removed the excess salicylates from my liver thus allowing my liver to function normally again and melt away the fat.

My method heals the liver and the adrenal glands (some of the foods are to strengthen the adrenal glands) - that is why it works with natural (not organic) foods - no medicine - that's the part the doctors don't like as they can't make a buck off my method. :)

Strengthen the liver and adrenal glands and your body will become in balance as God intended.

Let me know if you have any more questions or concerns.

**MODERATOR NOTE**
    Lemons and Red Delicous apples are on the Moderate Salicylate list, Therefore the above suggestion may not be suitable for forum members who have an issue with moderate levels of salicyates.
    • CommentAuthorO Jen
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2017 edited

I agree with cleansing the liver. I did it with milk thistle, dandelion root tea and camu camu.

Why not clear your salicylate sensitivity in a few weeks?

Get rid of your salicicylate sensitivity quickly with BIE treatment!!! http://inht.ca/

This is what worked for me
    • CommentAuthorTalismanJ
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2017

Hi O Jen,

I'm glad your method worked for you! But milk thistle is a high salicylate and high in oxalates. Dandelion root is also high in salicylates see link http://allergynaturopath.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Salicylates-Food-Guide.pdf

And it appears the camu camu fruit from Peru also is a high salicylate see link http://onibasu.com/archives/fdc/125909.html

As I briefly stated above (my ebook goes into greater detail - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06W9GY4FM) - Please keep in mind you will do more harm than good if you try to heal an overworked and/or compromised liver with strong liver detox pills, beets, etc. as a weakened liver is not in condition to handle it thus making the liver even worse.

As I also noted above - Symptoms: I literally couldn't breathe and it felt as though my throat was closing up shortly after eating a variety of foods with salicylates and/or being exposed to fragrances, cleaning agents (pine sol, etc.) (as noted above) which lead to a trip to the ER (as noted above) which lead to my search and solution. I would wake up in the middle of a deep sleep gasping for air - which is frightening especially if you don't know what is causing the issue.

Being that I also did try a few different liver detox herbal/non-herbal pills/systems - some with milk thistle and experienced negative side effects I would not attempt your method.

As the ancient camu camu fruit sounds like another BS money grab from pill manufacturers trying to sell some more snake oil - kind of like sea salt which is actually loaded with neurotoxins such as mercury, arsenic, etc. as the ocean is loaded with toxins save for certain parts such as Alaska, New Zealand, etc. See link - https://badscidebunked.wordpress.com/2015/09/15/dr-mercolas-himalayan-salt-debunked/comment-page-1/

Also garlic a supposed "super food" is actually a neurotoxin that desynchronizes the brain where the left and right hemispheres don't communicate plus garlic slows down human reaction time by 2 to 3 times see link http://www.rense.com/general76/Dpi.htm
    All you have to do is play a video game say Pac Man get a base line of your game play ability then eat some garlic, garlic powder, pizza with garlic, etc. and see for yourself your reaction time will slow and your brain will desynchronize. Onions cause a similar effect - i.e. brain fog. Side note: I did use some garlic powder on buttered toast during my recovery, but knowing what I now know about garlic I would no longer recommend it.

Canola oil is also a neurotoxin that brings about depression as does the "wonder oil" coconut oil (which is another BS money grab).

I wrote the ebook as a courtesy and rebuttal to sick people being taken advantage of by pill companies, witch doctors, etc. by providing a method that is economical (pills aren't free especially herbal proprietary ones), natural, non-organic, no permanent elimination diets, and of course proven by the author.

I will be writing another ebook on overcoming adrenal fatigue this month to counter act the misnomers associated with that market as well.
    • CommentAuthorTalismanJ
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2017 edited

Hi O Jen,

I'm a bit confused with your proclamation of healing from the site you provided. I visited the site in depth this morning. No where does the site detail the ingredients used in their pills/system. No where does the site offer a chance to buy the pills/system presumably you have to contact one of their practitioners - of which they currently only operate in a small number of U.S. states and parts of Canada.

The pills/system are based off of dealing with the electro-magnetic fields encompassing the earth over the past 100 years and the stressors they create. The site does not mention anything about salicylate sensitivity or any other illness such as adrenal fatigue, allergies, etc. as the site, once you dig for it in their sparse articles, is based off of electromagnetic-hypersensitivity (EHS) which is under great dispute and criticism whether it is a real clinical entity and/or that it actually affects such a minute portion of the population.

Their cure that they highlight and/or promote is not milk thistle, dandelion root tea and cumu cumu - its "a state-of-the-art instrument called the GSR-120 unit that is used to direct energy onto specific points on the body to help create a homeostatic state, therefore alleviating suffering."

With that said, most people with severe salicylate build up also have a fatty liver which can not be resolved and/or reversed in two weeks as the body must remove salicylates from the liver and kidneys which is a slow process as the body stores salicylates in the liver and kidneys. The fatty liver also implies that most people are overweight due to the fatty liver as the liver is the primary organ responsible for fat metabolism for the body. A fatty liver can be reversed, provided it is not alcohol induced, but it takes months for the liver to reduce down to normal size again.

Just like adrenal fatigue, if you actually have severe salicylate sensitivity (noticeable debilitating side effects) it takes months to reverse the condition - in short if you healed yourself in 2 weeks you did not have severe salicylate sensitivity.

My ebook addresses the food - what to eat to heal yourself, the stressors from everyday life - what to avoid & how to counteract, how to properly process salicylates out of the body, how to avoid salicylate build up in the body and many more proven solutions... follow the link to healing https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06W9GY4FM
    I need to get your ebook! My symptoms seem the same as yours.... It can happen so easily, it is terrible!

My throat feels like it is tightening if I eat anything that is above the negligible column on this site, if I have to much rice and not enough meat...

Prior to finding this I was "diagnosed" with hypoglycemia and have had problems digesting fatty and greasy food forever! I also have problems with gluten and dairy.

I literally only can eat like white chicken, canned fish obviously in water or nothing, cabbage, organic brown rice and bone broth protein. Not sure if bone broth is ok but doesnt make my thraot feel wierd right after...

I am trying to keep my chin up but it is hard, I have always eaten healthy and worked out.... I did drink often up until a couple weeks ago.

I have almost reached for the Vokda like 4 times in past few days, but figured even though it is on the negligible list it is harder than my liver can take right now.

I literally cant even have gluten free oatmeal. I am only 30 and always been in good shape, have lost 8 lbs in 2 weeks. really sucks
    I cant even eat beef...

Get anxiety pretty easy at times. Sometimes mouth feels really dry...

If I eat strictly chicken, cabbage, brown rice and fish I feel a lot better. My brain functions better than I can ever remember.

I wish I could get one or two more forms of protein and some more carbs.. next worse thing to throat feeling is loosing weight and anxiety.

I dont ever expect to eat things in the high and very high column... but low and sometimes moderate would really make me a lot happier.
    • CommentAuthorwutamess
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2017

03cobrarocks,

Try Bison, elk, duck (I can tell you how to cook it so it taste wonderful ) cowpeas, waltham winter squash, yellow delicious or Gala applesauce.

I dont do well with greasy fatty food either, so i rinse my meat off in warm water after I cook it.

Be Blessed

Wutamess
    • CommentAuthorO Jen
    • CommentTime7 days ago edited

I can have as many foods as I want with salicylates now as it does not bother me.

Interesting about the zinc to copper ratio. Will have to look into that.

I can tell you the cost and it is expensive but worth it. It depends on what you want to clear and how many stressors you have. It is approx. $80 Canadian every 2 weeks. To clear salicylates it cost me $160

You seem very knowledgeable. Thanks for sharing
    • CommentAuthorO Jen
    • CommentTime6 days ago edited

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXgAo_xowZ4

This will explain how BIE works. It's a Canadian company

You can clear allergies and other sensitivities as well
    • CommentAuthorTalismanJ
    • CommentTime10 hours ago

Hi O Jen,

I've been healed for well over a year (since Feb. 2016) using my natural method so I do not need to partake in any other healing methods.

Salicylates are a plant's natural toxin... go to these links

http://atpscience.com/salicylate-foods-sensitivity-intolerances-and-food-list/

End excerpt.

http://www.westonaprice.org/health-topics/plants-bite-back/

With that said, why would you and/or your BIE practitioner believe it is a good thing to block the body's natural defense mechanism against toxins with vials and their mysterious GSR-120 state of the art instrument (required to direct energy onto specific points on the body to help create a homeostatic state, therefore alleviating suffering.)?

Also, a bit strange that the BIE practitioner has vials and frequencies to relieve all sorts of stressors kind of like a magic pill provided they hook you up to a machine and administer sometimes over 30 vials of frequencies. Yet they have very little, if any, real facts and info on allergies, salicylates, etc. and how their vials cure these issues on their website.

Also, based on your public and private posts to me your salicylate sensitivity wasn't cured in a few weeks as you initially posted, but it is still an ongoing BIE treatment plus a liver detox for another 5 1/2 months which you are being charge quite a few additional dollars each time they administer more vials to your system - I would be disappointed in the results as it doesn't seem like you are getting bang for your buck nor does it seem like a magic pill (quick fix).
    • CommentAuthorTalismanJ
    • CommentTime10 hours ago

With all due respect, it appears to me you have several health issues occurring and/or overlapping at the same time whereas you probably do have some form of salicylate sensitivity, but your posts suggest to me your grasping at straws by defending the BIE treatments to justify the amount of money they charged you and some of the unnatural methods (GSR-120) they use.

You also have to be careful of the placebo effect:

http://www.webmd.com/pain-management/what-is-the-placebo-effect#1

From WebMB: Research on the placebo effect has focused on the relationship of mind and body. One of the most common theories is that the placebo effect is due to a person's expectations. If a person expects a pill to do something, then it's possible that the body's own chemistry can cause effects similar to what a medication might have caused.

https://www.cancer.org/treatment/treatments-and-side-effects/clinical-trials/placebo-effect.html

From Cancer.org

Some people can have the placebo effect without getting a pill, shot, or procedure. Some may just feel better from visiting the doctor or doing something else they believe will help. This type of placebo effect seems most related to the degree of confidence and faith the patient has in the doctor or activity.

The placebo effect can make some treatments seem like they help certain symptoms, when in fact they do nothing to directly cause a change in the disease.

End excerpts.

Again, I published my ebook on Overcoming Salicylate Sensitivity - link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06W9GY4FM - as a courtesy so other people wouldn't be ripped off and/or led down the rabbit hole with magic pills.

Trust me the minute the pharmaceutical companies discover a drug they can sell you for salicylate sensitivity then they will highlight and promote the dangers of salicylate sensitivity just like they did with allergies. Remember they do not want to cure you of salicylate sensitivity, allergies, etc. they just want to sell you the pill again and again to pay for their research and development, marketing and to line their pockets - sound familiar?

I took allergy shots for 4 years at the highest dosage level in the allergy clinic and it turned out to be a placebo effect at best and a waste of my time and money at worst as it didn't cure and/or lessen my allergies - I cured myself with another natural method I discovered and used to cure my allergies which I will publish in an ebook on that subject as well as I've been cured of allergies for over 6 years now.
    • CommentAuthorO Jen
    • CommentTime5 hours ago

I am not going to argue with you as i have better things to do. This is my last post and i will not be back on this site.
    I am just letting everyone know that this has CURED my SALICYLATE SENSITIVITY!!!