Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.2 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorVannball
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2016 edited

Hi :)

I just wrote this amazing post but accidentally deleted it. Lol. Ohh well here we go again :)

I really hope someone here can give me some advice. Perhaps some of what I'm about to write is something you or others here are or have experienced. Any input would be greatly appreciated! I'm very worried about my situation atm :(

Backstory:
    ------------

Some years ago I was diagnosed with M.E due to problems with chronic fatigue. I would sleep a lot. feel constantly tired, especially after eating some times. Some days were better however some days were awful with what I now suspect may have been some type of allergic/intolerance reaction.

Then 3years ago:
    --------------------

I suddenly got chronic ucartia. kinda extreme. Some days my face was suddenly uneven, some days later I could not close my hands due to swelling. I didn't really have any rash, just big patches of swelling that itched. This went on for about a year while my doctor at the time was periodically testing my for common allergies.

Luckily I was after a while given prednisolon, which i was on and off for the remainder of that year. It worked great. actually made my chronic fatigue go away when i was taking it, so that is in my opinion perhaps is a huge clue as to what my "core problem" might be. Another perhaps interesting thing is that after taking it I would urinate a lot. LIke perhaps going to the bathroom 20+ times that day when I start taking it, losing what I estimate would be 3-6 liters of fluid.

Later on I was given a medication called Xolair, which completely got rid of the chronic ucartia :) However I was told to stop taking prednisolon so unfortunately my fatigue problems returned in full force.

Worth mentioning that when this started I was going through some very stressful times.

Then about 6months ago:
    ------------------------------

After eating a delicious kebab Immediately started getting a heavy pressure in my chest, astma symptoms, heart rate increase, shortness of breath, feeling week and death anxiety (naturally).

Before that I had never had any similar reaction on food before. I usually ate a lot of spicy food. But to me that food is not that spicy I have noticed btw, probably due to my nose being blocked a lot, constantly actually and nearly no sense of smell. Idk. Anyways, suddenly I had a reaction to spicy food and this repeated itself several times over the next weeks as I fell for the temptation.

The extreme reactions actually last very long. It takes days before I can say that I'm not in very discomfort. However then I would characterize it as medium chronic discomfort from then on, with for the most part astma symptoms/pressure and the feeling of my airways being swollen or something.

I also seem to react to these foods:

Store bought chocolate cake. Eaten it 2 times and I got extreme reaction almost immediately.
    A pack of noddles (without adding spice)
    A chocolate bar
    A pizza with just tomato sauce, cheese and ham
    A mcchicken and fries
    A subway melt baguette with 6corn bread (small reaction)

The foods that seem to work are:

Steak, chicken, fish, potatos, rice, bread, milk, cheese, flour, eggs, suger

That is literately all I have been eating for 2weeks without having any sever reaction, although as mentioned still a lot chronic discomfort, but tolerable.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So if anyone has taken the time to read this far, thank you and please let me know what you think :)

- Could this be Salicylate intolerance, or something else maybe?
    - Could it be the reason why I have fatigue and Ucartia problems?
    - Do you or others who have this Salicylate problem experience similar problems as I do?
    - What should I do? It looks like maybe I am extremely allergic to it? :/
    - These problems started at the same time as spring came, so I'm considering flying to some remote icy place with no airborn allergens, could that help?
    • CommentAuthorwutamess
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2016

Sounds like you have some Histamine issues too! My issues always get worse in the spring.

With Histamine intolerance, you can react to fermented foods, luncheon meats, nightshades ( tomatoes potatoes peppers)cheese ( long cured cheese like cheddar that usually goes on pizza.)ect... Chocolate is a histamine releasor .

How histamine works... Say you have a cup for the histamine in your body.... It normally is about 1/4 full. Then you eat histamine and it is half full, then something pollenates and puts more histamine in your cup.. Then your body naturally makes histamine, and at this time your cup runnith over. When you cup runnith over you start having reactions.

Usually the rapid heart beat after eating something is a true allergy. You can look up the Dr. Cocoa allergy test and start testing your self. When you do the test, it is not advised to eat a lot of the food your are testing..

Start keeping a food diary, write down every thing you eat or that goes in your mouth. If you have reactions, write it down... as with some intolerances or sensitivities, you do not react right away but up to 72 hours later. It is very helpful to go back over the diary to see what is in common every time you get that reaction.

Please let me know you fly to some Icey place... I would love to join you there. I can't wait for the first snow fall here... Everything gets better! (until early spring)

You could have multiple sensitivities and intolerances. Check out the elimination diet.. It really helps to find out what foods you react to.

Hope this helps
    Be Blessed
    Wutamess

PS in the future, this blog is known for eating your post, so copy what you wrote , then if it does not appear when you add your comments, you will have it saved.
    • CommentAuthorVannball
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2016

Hi, thanks for the reply. I will try what you suggested and report back :)

I think if this is the problem, then I probably have multiple sensitivities as you said. I seem to react to everything.
    • CommentAuthorKiwi
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2016

Vannball

I would guarantee that you are gluten intolerant and unless you go on a gluten free diet, your chances of improving are minimal. All of the conditions you mention are caused by gluten and I can speak from experience. Gluten causes chronic fatigue ... I suffered from it for years until I started trawling the internet for answers. As soon as I took gluten out of my diet, the chronic fatigue was gone after two days. I could hardly believe it! All of those foods you say you react to, contain gluten. I started out having gluten and lactose intolerance. From there it went to salicylate sensitivity, histamine intolerance, fructose malabsorption and oxalate sensitivity. For three years after I gave up gluten grains, I couldn't even go anywhere near places where the smell of gluten baking was evident. It would wipe me out for three days. I had to stay at home and get my husband to do all our shopping. Fortunately after the three years, my body must have expelled all the toxins built up and I can now go anywhere without a problem.

The urticaria is probably a histamine reaction. Chocolate, cheese and chicken are all high histamine foods and will cause hives.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to ask me questions as I'm an old hand at these conditions! :)
    • CommentAuthorTalismanJ
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2017

Salicylates are a plant's natural toxin. We are not intended to eat these foods such as cinnamon, peanuts, sweet potato, etc. or consume salicylates in our beauty products in large amounts as they place a heavy burden on our liver and our adrenal glands to remove these toxins from our bodies. The trouble is salicylates are addictive to eat for all humans as they trigger an euphoric rush in us when eaten. They also cause inflammation in our bodies. Plus since the 1980's are food has been laced with salicylates from high fructose corn syrup, BHA, BHT, etc. Which explains the explosion of Autism, ADHD, cancer, etc. since the 1980's. You do not have a disease. You have a run down liver and/or adrenal glands that is causing your salicylate sensitivity.

Excerpt from ATP Science.com

Salicylates

Salicylates are organics chemicals found naturally in many herbs, vegetables, fruits, and nuts. Salicylates act like preservatives, they prevent rot and disease and protect against pests. They are stored in the most vulnerable plant parts; the leaves, bark, roots, skin and seeds.

Salicylate load and intolerance

We regularly consume salicylates and our body has to detoxify and clear away these chemicals before they accumulate. We have a threshold for symptoms. Once our salicylate load gets to around that level we start getting allergic style inflammatory reactions.

Once our load drops through avoidance and enhanced clearance the symptoms will often disappear. The symptoms will re appear if your salicylate levels creep up again. If your salicylate load is hovering around that symptom threshold than you can react every time you touch salicylate foods.

Signs and symptoms of salicylate sensitivity
    ◦Headaches, migraines
    ◦Itchy skin rashes such as hives (urticaria), eczema. Itchiness is often worse after hot shower and / or exercise
    ◦Irritable bowel symptoms – reflux in babies or adults, nausea, vomiting, stomach bloating and discomfort, wind, diarrhoea and/or constipation
    ◦Bedwetting, cystitis and increased frequency of urination
    ◦Asthma, sinus congestion, itching, sneezing and excessive phlegm
    ◦Behaviour problems such as irritability, restlessness, inattention and learning difficulties
    ◦Sleep disturbance and sleep apnoea
    ◦Anxiety, depression, panic attacks
    ◦Tinnitus
    ◦Joint pain, inflammation and arthritis
    ◦Swelling and fluid retention
    ◦Mouth Ulcers or raw hot red rash around mouth
    ◦Persistent cough
    ◦Sore, itchy, puffy, watery or burning eyes
    ◦Muscle cramp, tremor, twitch

End excerpt.
    • CommentAuthorTalismanJ
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2017 edited

With that said, you need to strengthen your liver and adrenal glands to deal with the toxins. I recovered from my bout with salicylate sensitivity and so can you using these proven methods.

When you wake up in the morning:

First thing in the morning cut 1/3 of a fresh lemon. Pour water in a coffee mug or glass. Place the remaining lemon in tin foil and place in the fridge. Squeeze the juices from the 1/3 lemon into the mug or glass. Drink the lemon juice water slowly (approx. 5 minutes). The lemon activates the enzymes in the liver. Then take a 5 oz. Dixie cup and fill it full of water. Drink it with small sips. Repeat 2 more times. You will urinate a golden color within about 20 to 30 minutes. Repeat this process around noon, 5 PM and 30 minutes before bed time. After the first 2 weeks of this process cut back on the lemon juice by drinking it first thing in the morning and 30 minutes before bed time. After the 5th week you can wean yourself off of the lemon juice by just drinking it first thing in the morning. After the 7th week your liver should be healthy enough to drink lemon juice 3 times a week (morning) crucial step to strengthen your adrenal glands (lemon juice will remove calcium from the body and your adrenal glands do need calcium to strengthen the adrenal glands). Please note: If you start to have tenderness in the stomach area then please back off or go a day without the lemon juice method as the tenderness is coming from the acid of the lemon juice.

Eat breakfast within 30 minutes to an hour of waking up.

Breakfast should be plain oatmeal (Quaker's Oats - Old Fashioned or instant) I use old fashioned with milk and a dash of salt (Morton's iodized salt). No sugar, maple syrup or fruit as the sugar will further drain the adrenal glands.
    Breakfast may also be buttered toast (real butter - sweet cream and salt for ingredients), buttered toast with garlic powder sprinkled on top or peanut butter (Skippy Creamy)on toast as that fat and protein is excellent for the adrenal glands. Please note: 2 or 4 slices of buttered toast a week as too much butter will raise your bad cholesterol. Breakfast may also be eggs (over easy, scrambled or omelette) but REMEMBER only 2 to 4 eggs a week as the egg yolk is great for the liver but too many increases your bad cholesterol.

Here is a link to my ebook on the subject with the rest of my complete method I used to heal myself in 5 1/2 months.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06W9GY4FM

Talisman J
    • CommentAuthorTalismanJ
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2017

Men are supposed to have a 9 to 1 ratio zinc to copper diet and women are supposed to have a 4 to 1 ratio zinc to copper diet. Unfortunately a majority of the healthy foods they promote today (sweet potato, avocado, etc.) are high in copper and low in zinc coupled with the demonizing of eating red meat (best most absorbable zinc source - you can have 6 to 8 servings a week spread out) you have many people with high copper diets. The dark meat of the chicken (legs, wings, thighs) would be your other source of zinc as they have 19% zinc per leg, thigh, etc. A hamburger has 54% zinc. The chicken breast has 4% zinc.

Rebalance your zinc and copper levels and a lot of your allergic reactions will subside especially allergies and histamine reactions.

Also, the following...

The body only needs a small amount of the trace mineral molybdenum which we can get easily from our diets. The problem is when you have a high copper diet the molybdenum gets used up rapidly by combining with the copper not the sulphites in our bodies. Men are supposed to have a 9 to 1 ratio zinc to copper diet and women are supposed to have a 4 to 1 ratio zinc to copper diet. Unfortunately a majority of the healthy foods they promote today (sweet potato, avocado, etc.) are high in copper and low in zinc coupled with the demonizing of eating red meat (best most absorbable zinc source - you can have 6 to 8 servings a week spread out) you have many people with high copper diets. The dark meat of the chicken (legs, wings, thighs) would be your other source of zinc as they have 19% zinc per leg, thigh, etc. A hamburger has 54% zinc.

Lower your copper intake in your diet, lower your intake of high sulphite foods and preservatives such as maple syrup, brown sugar, etc. and include green beans, oatmeal, 2% white milk (not chocolate as chocolate is loaded with copper) buy in glass bottle or jug not plastic (as the molybdenum will be used up attaching itself to the toxins seeped into the milk from the plastic jug), vanilla custard (Culver's Custard, etc.) and some kidney, black, etc. beans in your diet and you will get the results you are looking for. Remember too much molybdenum (usually from taking too many supplements) can be toxic to the body.

Go to World's Healthiest Foods website WHfoods.com and they have a list of 100 healthiest foods where they give you a breakdown of the vitamins and minerals in a serving of food - this will help you rebalance your diet.

Here is a website with a complete list of foods and drinks that have molybdenum in them in varying degrees.

http://wholefoodcatalog.info/nutrient/molybdenum/nuts_and_seeds/high/

This link will take you to one of the lists, then from there scroll down and you will be able to access the other lists of foods.

I have added Rye bread to my diet and it is an excellent source of molybdenum.

Also, most people who have an issue with sulfites usually have an issue with bad breath in some form - this is because sulphur is a cause of bad breath and sulfites are a form of sulphur. Getting the proper amount of molybdenum from your diet will curb the bad breath and will also alleviate some bloating in the stomach area as sulfites will also cause bloating.