Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.2 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorPoppie007
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2016

I'm having to take Azathioprine for my Ulcerative Colitis, and of course, it worries me that I have to take anything at all bearing in mind I struggle with taking supplements due to my problems with food intolerance etc, and so I wondered if anyone knows if this is okay to take for someone like me, the ingredients are....

Tablet core: Microcrystalline cellulose, Mannitol, Maize starch, Povidone K25, Croscarmellose sodium, Sodium stearyl fumarate.
    Tablet coat: Hypromellose, Macrogol 400.

Also I have recently started taking Allegra first thing in the morning (an antihistamine) which has helped me with my histamine intolerance..anyone else take this? and is it okay to take with salicylate sensitivity.

Thanks
    • CommentAuthorAvatar
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2016

I started taking Allegra at the recommendation of my ND to help with SS symptoms, and have been taking it for a couple of years--it's not optimal to take it for that long, but it definitely helps. I take the name brand to avoid some questionable ingredients in the generics (notably the red dye; Allegra proper uses iron oxide, which is fine for me).

I don't see anything that raises red flags in the Azathioprine ingredients, but I am not an expert. However, I'd imagine if you have ulcerative colitis, not treating it at all can't be good for you.
    • CommentAuthorPoppie007
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2016

Thanks Avatar, actually I am having problems with Azathioprine and so I am now having to make an appointment with my GI as I believe the Sals problem has reduced my ability to take many medications.
    • CommentAuthorbd79og
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2016

Povidone can be a problem for some with histamine intolerance (it has been for me). It may be that your food intolerances are caused by other physical problems such as low b12, vitamin d and feratin due to the damage to your gut. All of these are easily tested by your gp and you may find that addressing these and maybe thyroid issues may help. Good luck!