Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.2 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorSheila
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2017 edited

Does anyone who has mcs sensitivity like this, I feel like everything is going black then feel faint. I may not necessarily faint, just this awful weird blackout sensation.
    I am highly chemically sensitive as well as food issues
    • CommentAuthorAvatar
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2017

Yes, I have reacted that way to strong chemical smells, but fortunately I have gotten well enough that I rarely feel more than a little woozy from chemical exposure.

Please take care of yourself and cover your nose and mouth whenever needed.
    • CommentAuthorAvatar
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2017

I should say that I had to leave a Bed Bath & Beyond last week because of the horrible fake scent they seem to pipe through the vents; pretty sure I would have fainted if I'd stayed there much longer.
    • CommentAuthorSheila
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2017

I,m glad you have recovered, can I ask what you did to recover?
    • CommentAuthorAvatar
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2017

Just starting with a "safe" diet and slowly increasing challenging foods; more rest, plenty of water, slowly taking some milk thistle to help my liver, making sure I'm getting all necessary nutrients via supplementation.

I still take butterbur, fexofenadine, and enzymes daily, along with nutritional supplements.
    • CommentAuthorPoppie007
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2017

I have become almost housebound due to airborne salicylates. The best thing you can do is make sure you always carry something to wear over your nose when goingout, the mask I use is similar to what dentists wear, and although it is not perfect it does help if I have to pop out.
    • CommentAuthorSheila
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2017

I now can't handle the fumes of my multi fuel burner there is nothing wrong with it, it may be the coal or the wood!!!
    But every time I open it to refuel, I fall asleep 30 mins after, just like my chemical reaction.
    Yes I have tried different logs.
    • CommentAuthorTalismanJ
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2017

Drink water and get fresh air when you feel nausea. Also have children's Benadryl liquid at the ready to hold off an attack.
    • CommentAuthorSheila
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2017

What is Benadryl for ?
    • CommentAuthorTalismanJ
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2017

Children's Benadryl liquid is for relieving the symptoms - I would have breathing attacks where I couldn't breathe and I would start to feel light headed from fragrances, chemicals, etc. (air borne salicylates) - I would take a cap full of the Benadryl and it would relieve my symptoms in about 20 to 30 minutes plus I would remove myself from the area causing the air borne salicylates.

Of course, then I recovered using my healing method and no longer need the Benadryl and no longer have an issue with fragrances, chemicals, etc. - And I agree stores can be the worse especially Kirkland's where they sell pictures and fragrances.
    • CommentAuthorSheila
    • CommentTime2 days ago

Thanks. If the Benadryl is,liquid I will try it.
    Query! "Your healing method"........what is that ?
    • CommentAuthorTalismanJ
    • CommentTime2 days ago

It is liquid. See link: http://www.target.com/p/children-s-benadryl-allergy-relief-cherry-flavored-liquid-8-fl-oz/-/A-15118143?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&CPNG=PLA_DVM+006i000000hiZQyAAM-AllergyEndcap-J&J-April-2017-Flight-SC&adgroup=PLA_J&J&LID=700000001393753pgs&network=g&device=c&location=9019064&fndsrc=tmn&DFA=1&gclid=CIiFvNywv9MCFVWegQodmYIDxA&gclsrc=ds

or this link: https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/benadryl-childrens-allergy-liquid-cherry/ID=prod4124329-product?ext=gooPLA_-_Health_Care&pla&adtype=pla&kpid=sku4123199&sst=4a74edc6-99e1-4f16-96b7-2ce504389848

My healing method see this link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06W9GY4FM
    • CommentAuthorlindyd
    • CommentTime1 day ago

Cherry flavoured ?? Seriously?? I sometimes think you are on the wrong forum Talsiman!!
    Good that it worked for you though :o)

Moderator note:
    Please remember that the active ingredient of "Benadryl" in the UK is a different formulation to the "Benadryl" sold in the US and Canada. In the UK it is Cetirizine or Acrivastine. In the US it is Diphenhydramine.
    Diphenhydramine is a first-generation antihistamine often used in insomnia products in the UK. Cetirizine is a second generation antihistamine which is less "drowsy".
    Lindy xx
    • CommentAuthorTalismanJ
    • CommentTime1 day ago edited

Cherry flavored and cherry fruit are not the same thing - henceforth not causing a major reaction as the medicine will overcome any minor reaction. But they also sell a dye free version that is bubble gum flavored. I just quickly grabbed a link for Sheila to go on. I used the cherry flavor too many times to count or remember without an incident as it actually stops or minimizes the breathing attack. :)

Plus Ask a Nurse in the USA vouch for and recommends using children's liquid Benadryl in cases like this - I know I've been on the phone with them with breathing attacks from fragrance, whitefish allergy, etc. - They say the same thing that your breathing attack should subside in 20 to 30 minutes and it does. :)

Thanks for noting the USA/UK difference in formulation. I forgot Sheila resides in the UK - perhaps she should fly a flag by her name. :)