Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.2 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorwutamess
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2017

Recently a friend asked me what I thought about lentils. I don't think I have ever eaten them... I remember having some in the cabinet
    when I first got bad, but I threw them away after a while. I looked them up at http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/legumes-and-legume-products/4338/2 and was shocked at how loaded they were with folate and other b vitamins, manganese ect. I checked the SS list and they were
    low and also low on the Oxalate list.

I cooked up a cup full. While I did not like how they smelled cooking I tried a small amount anyway. OMG!!! That night, I slept the best I have slept in years! It was so deep and sound with vivid dreams. I usually wake during the night a few times and if I have eaten something wrong, I stay awake from 1 to 3 until 5:30, then I am sleepy and dragging donkey all day. So I thought this was a fluke, I am still doing a rotating diet, so the next time it was Lentils day, I tried them again and ate more... Once again, I slept soundly all night. Yesterday was lentil day again, on purpose I ate a few things that usually make me wake at night, like Beanitos pinto bean chips, peanut butter, I fell asleep by 10 pm and woke twice to go to the bathroom, but went back to sleep and woke at 8 am. I can not tell you the last time I slept that long!

Anyone else eat Lentils.. IS there something I am missing that I should know about them?

To cook, I boiled them hard for about 40 minutes, until they were soft and then I rinsed them until the water ran clear.
    I used Organic Green Lentils.

If you happen to try them, please report back here as how they effected you.

Thanks
    Be Blessed
    Wutamess
    • CommentAuthorwutamess
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2017

Whelp...... My lentil experiment did not end so well. Over the last month and half. My legs/knees got really weak and painful, I thought because my low back has been out. I started getting extremely agitated at the littlest things, somewhat depressed. I figured it was because of the haze in the skies. So I was fine yesterday then I had a little bit of lentils and rice for lunch... After that I was really grouchy... I did some reading and found that lentils act like soy beans and usually if you react to soy beans or chick peas, you will react to lentils. I react to both soy and chick peas. I found that they cause a lot of Uric acid or gout like symptoms and that is why my knees and joints were achey .

It really is sad that you find a food to help with one problem but it causes 10 more problems!!! I have gotten some of the best sleep in the last month and half... But I can barely walk!!! Last summer I started eating a handful of green grapes daily and all my sun sensitivity issues went away, but then I started flushing - heat attacks in the middle of summer is not on my list of fun things to do!

Be Blessed
    Wutamess