Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.2 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorclaireppb
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2017

Hi I'm very new to all of this but i know I'm allergic to NSAIDS and believe I'm sensitive to salicylates.
    Does anybody know if it is safe to smoke a vape as most of the flavours are either fruity or minty?
    Thank you
    • CommentAuthorwutamess
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2017

“One puff of any of the flavoured e-liquids that we tested exposes the smoker to unacceptably dangerous levels of these aldehydes, most of which originates from thermal decomposition of the flavoring compounds"

"A few months earlier, research presented at the American Thoracic Society’s international conference concluded that certain e-cigarette liquid flavors are actually toxic to lung cells."

"these flavors also induced a physiologic process known as calcium signaling in the cells. This process is associated with cells’ defense mechanisms and usually triggers protective responses that increase mucus secretion and cell movement to protect the lungs from potentially toxic or invasive organisms like allergens or bacteria."

The following compounds that are on the Proposition 65 list have already been identified in mainstream or secondhand (sidestream) e-cigarette vapor:

Acetaldehyde (MS)
    Cadmium (MS)
    Formaldehyde (MS,SS)

Isoprene (SS)
    Lead (MS)
    Nickel (MS)
    Nicotine (MS, SS)
    N-Nitrosonornicotine (MS, SS)
    Toluene (MS, SS)

"
    Wouldn't it be easier to go to an acupuncturist and in 3 visits never have the urge to vape again?

Be Blessed
    Wutamess
    • CommentAuthorclaireppb
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2017

I have been smoking cigarettes for 15 years until i decided to give up 3 months ago.
    I am using a low nicotine vape as a stepping stone.

It's not something i plan to do indefinitely, and I'm sure you'll agree the having a few puffs on a vape a day is
    better than smoking 25 cigarettesa day.

I'm only concered as to whether its safe ( as safe as it can be for anyone ) to vape with a salicylic allergy?

Thank you for your reply

Claire