Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.2 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorclaireppb
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2017

Hi all,

I believe that i am allergic to Salicylates and this is something i have accidentally stumbled
    across in the last week.

I knew nothing about it before but i am definitely allergic to NSAIDS ( which came totally out of the blue )
    about 5 years ago when i started having anaphylactic shocks.
    That went on for a couple of years and was one the most terrifying times of my life.
    Touch wood i haven't had a shock for nearly 3 years, but still have to carry epi pens, anti histimines and steriods at all times.

So to try! and cut a Very long story short, i am always ill and get lots of skin rashes, acne, anxiety and panic attacks are the worst they've ever been, my feet and hands started to swell regularly etc etc so i started to do some online research and came across Salicylates Sensitivity and i literally have pretty much every symptom listed.
    I've read a book about it all and have literally spend countless hours trying to figure out what i can and can't have and now i feel TOTALLY depressed and overwhelmed and don't know what to do or where to start???

As your advice says..... start with beauty products etc, so i went through everything in my bathroom and make up bag and i was so shocked to find that every single product i own contains either Salicylic acid or Benzoates.

So i am now at the point where i have no products and can't seem to find any online that are reasonably priced and now I'm even scared to eat.

Would kill for a nice hot bath with my favorite bubble baths etc, then to be able to apply my fake tan " Skinny tan " like i usually do every week, with a large glass of Pinot Grigio in one hand and a slice of spicy bbq pizza in the other hand....
    But from everything I've been reading I'm worried that if i do any of those things, it could kill me!!

All I've eaten is 4 slices of toast and 3 Bananas in just over 2 days as I'm SO frightened.

Also i gave up smoking cigarettes 3 months ago and have been smoking a low nicotine vape to help me, my e juice is blueberry flavoured abd i can't find any info ANYWHERE to tell me if it's safe to smoke a vape if i am SS......
    I am SO Stressed out at the moment with all of this, that i could really do with being able to vape!

That wasn't long story short at all..... Sorry!
    I would be SO GRATEFUL for some help/advice please.

Thanks in advance

C x
    • CommentAuthorwutamess
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2017

Claire,
    I have success using Cal Ben soap. I use the liquid for shampoo and a body soap. I also use the laundry soap and dish soap. It is concentrated and last a long time. http://www.calbenpuresoap.com/five-star-shampoo.php

As for other food choices: Lamb, Duck, Chicken, Bison, Beef, Elk, Cowpeas, Butternut Squash, Apple Sauce made with yellow apples, Lentils, Jasmine Rice, White Sushi Rice. Sometimes Green Peas.

Taking Epson Salt baths help. Start out with only 1 tablespoon to make sure you can handle it.

Avoiding the Vape might be beneficial~!

Be Blessed
    Wutamess
    • CommentAuthorO Jen
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2017 edited

I got rid of my salicylate sensitivities along with food sensitivities and seasonal allergies using BIE(bioenergetics intolerance elimination).You will need to see someone who has the kit which has about 20 or 30 samples. Not all BIE practitioners have this kit.
    • CommentAuthorO Jen
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2017

Also make sure you detox your liver. I used milk thistle and dandelion root tea along with lots of cruciferous vegetables and camu camu.
    • CommentAuthorElisheba
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2017

Oh I feel for you!
    Stop using toothpaste. This was key for me.
    Try eating just fresh lamb ( domestic as new zealand lamb can be a month or more old). We have it ground up and then make hambers, cut in 1/4th and freeze. And lettuce. Bananas have amines and latex so try them later. However you need to start testing and adding new foods in soon or you will end up reacting to smells and everything. If you limit too severly you will get even worse.
    Research using red pepper capsaicin in A2 milk / A2 yogurt. (A2 is from sheep / goats, gernsey , jersey cows)
    http://www.fedup.com.au/factsheets/support-factsheets/capsaicin-for-management-of-salicylate-intolerance-an-open-trial
    http://salicylatesensitivity.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=2120
    Good luck
    • CommentAuthorTalismanJ
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2017

Salicylates are a plant's natural toxin. We are not intended to eat these foods such as cinnamon, peanuts, sweet potato, etc. or consume salicylates in our beauty products in large amounts as they place a heavy burden on our liver and our adrenal glands to remove these toxins from our bodies. The trouble is salicylates are addictive to eat for all humans as they trigger an euphoric rush in us when eaten. They also cause inflammation in our bodies. Plus since the 1980's are food has been laced with salicylates from high fructose corn syrup, BHA, BHT, etc. Which explains the explosion of Autism, ADHD, cancer, etc. since the 1980's. You do not have a disease. You have a run down liver and/or adrenal glands that is causing your salicylate sensitivity.

Excerpt from ATP Science.com

Salicylates

Salicylates are organics chemicals found naturally in many herbs, vegetables, fruits, and nuts. Salicylates act like preservatives, they prevent rot and disease and protect against pests. They are stored in the most vulnerable plant parts; the leaves, bark, roots, skin and seeds.

Salicylate load and intolerance

We regularly consume salicylates and our body has to detoxify and clear away these chemicals before they accumulate. We have a threshold for symptoms. Once our salicylate load gets to around that level we start getting allergic style inflammatory reactions.

Once our load drops through avoidance and enhanced clearance the symptoms will often disappear. The symptoms will re appear if your salicylate levels creep up again. If your salicylate load is hovering around that symptom threshold than you can react every time you touch salicylate foods.

Signs and symptoms of salicylate sensitivity
    ◦Headaches, migraines
    ◦Itchy skin rashes such as hives (urticaria), eczema. Itchiness is often worse after hot shower and / or exercise
    ◦Irritable bowel symptoms – reflux in babies or adults, nausea, vomiting, stomach bloating and discomfort, wind, diarrhoea and/or constipation
    ◦Bedwetting, cystitis and increased frequency of urination
    ◦Asthma, sinus congestion, itching, sneezing and excessive phlegm
    ◦Behaviour problems such as irritability, restlessness, inattention and learning difficulties
    ◦Sleep disturbance and sleep apnoea
    ◦Anxiety, depression, panic attacks
    ◦Tinnitus
    ◦Joint pain, inflammation and arthritis
    ◦Swelling and fluid retention
    ◦Mouth Ulcers or raw hot red rash around mouth
    ◦Persistent cough
    ◦Sore, itchy, puffy, watery or burning eyes
    ◦Muscle cramp, tremor, twitch

End excerpt.