Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.2 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    Ah... This website was suggested to me by my holistic doctor of 4 years, he has been a great blessing to me. While it took us/him this long to get to this point and what now I believe the true reason for my symptoms he has helped delay this process for many years....

You see... from my late teenage years I have felt different from others. I don't mean different as in smarter, stronger, kinder... well maybe that last part. Anyway I mean different as in things always hurt more but strangly enough sometimes less. Pain, I would get weird pains if I got an injury it would hurt like a mofo and my friends would say things like "you are a hypochondriac, or "suck it up".

It has always seemed as if my body has "healed" quickly but the pain of the injury lingers for a long time after.

Anyway, maybe that is not related. What I have had for as long as I can remember is digestion problems. Throught my life I have gone through like 3 stages of losing weight for no reason and gaining weight for no reason. What I mean by that is there is a strange cycle to where at times I cant gain weight at all and times where weight seems to be rather easy for me to put on. (or at least a bloated look in my face and stomach)

I remember it like yesterday. My first true panic/anxiety attack. I was 24 coming out of the gym, felt a little strange as I was walking to my truck. I sat in my truck and it was as if I felt a sense of impending doom. As if I was floating or something, I don't know how to describe it. Felt like my heart was going to beat out of my chest. the heart feeling only lasted a couple mins but it seemed like forever.
    I was right next to a fire station and knew they had paramedics there so I went to them. The said everything looked fine but suggested I go to the hospital. I don't remember what tests they ran there but they said I was "fine."

I then spent the next few months not eating hardly anything, for fear or it exasperating my symptoms. (which sadly is where I seem to be headed now, thanks to this website I have at least 3 or 4 things I know I can eat)
    I went to internal medicine doctors, got my stomach scoped, rhymitalogist, heart doctor... you know how the story goes. All the tests came back "fine" or "negative" and the end decision was "how about some anxiety medicine or depression medicine"

oh sorry, forgot to mention had been on nexium for 5 or 6 years taking a pill almost EVERYDAY! You could never get a "normal" doctor to confess to this but I am almost certainly convinced that if long term use of a proton pump inhibitor did not cuase my issue it for sure helped make it worse.

My question to some of yall as it seems people with this problem have been "diagnosed" with 2, 3, 4, or more other things...

It seems so hard. To achieve a positive mind, confidence, just a happy outlook and feel halfway decent through out the day.

I have been said to have hypoglycemia, Candida (too much yeast, not sure if still have but tested for it couple years ago), and have always had a problem digesting fried or fatty foods.

Along with trying to follow the foods in the negligible column on this website and keep my hypoglycemia in check and not upsetting my canida it can get overwhelming...

It would seem when one of these symtoms gets upset at least another one follows.....

The only way I have figured out how to somewhat manage my issues is:

-Eat very very low amounts of carbs/sugars... If not enough protein then bam! Start feeling cold hands and feet, shakes in hands, brain fog

- Eat protein such as chicken, fish, bone broth protein, or lower in fat cuts of meat with no seasoning or just salt every 3 or so hours to try and manage hypoglycemia/blood sugar

- Take small doses of antihistames through out the day... this doesn't always seem necessary but seems to help a little if I feel a panic attack is in the making

- If I don't feel really really good, which sadly is rare... Avoid any heavy populated or heavy stimulated place such as Malls, church (most from band), etc.
    This seems to really give me the lump in throat feeling....

I am trying to stay positive and hope there is light at the end of this tunnel... As I have had a couple days over the past 4 days (which is when I started cutting a lot of salicylates out) that have been really good!

I feel like so vulnerable and sensitive to the outside world, as if I am easy to break, like a porcelain doll.

4 weeks ago I was working out 5/6 times a week, 178 pounds, enjoying life... Sure I had some anxiety but only about 20% of what I have now.

Now I am 163, have worked out like 2/3 times a week at best, feeling as if this life really sucks....

Sorry if something similar to this has been posted. I poked around a little bit on this site and it seems to be truly a blessing for folks like us!

Any recommendations or ideas are welcomed!
    I really don't get to depressed until the tighting of my throat happens... Sometimes honestly, I get this thought in my head of "just do it, just close up and let me be done with this"
    • CommentAuthorPoppie007
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2017

Hi, This is a great site..for factural and reliable information..but not everyone comments.

Its sounds like your on the same kind of path many of us are, and it can be very depressing.

I suggest you look at this Facebook closed group, its full of women that talk everyday to each other regarding their health and food, and I must say I do find it comforting...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/183680955076105/
    • CommentAuthorTalismanJ
    • CommentTime2 days ago

Hey 03Cobrarocks,

Are things starting to improve for you? It sounded like you were on an upward swing.