Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.2 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorZenraven
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2017

So after begging as allergist to include Asprin in my allergy testing it did indeed come back as allergic, along with wheat, egg whites and garlic. I have times where my ss reactions get bad, sores in my mouth, face burning, lips cracking and looking like they are burned, and not to mention my insides feeling all out of whack. Long story short, I have been eating ss for to long again and my symptoms are back and they are not happy! I have a hard time with the food restrictions because I cook for my family and non of them eat the way I am supposed to, we are a family of seven and wheat/tomatos/ and other things I cannot eat are a large part of being able to buy bulk and make meals that they will all eat. Sorry, I got off track! This morning I am back on a four week round of very, very strict no sals diet I am also avoiding my other allergies because well they make me feel like poop and its hard to function when you feel like poo all the time. Last night I through up dinner, it always happens when my levels get to high and I hate it! After that I knew it was time to eat my safe foods and only my safe foods, I have now had butter twice today and both time my face hurt! ( egg yolks fried in butter/w cheese for breakfast and chicken breast with a little butter to help flavor it for lunch/w sour cream and cheese. The sour cream and cheese are all safe with nothing added ) This happened before and I had to cut butter out, no idea why! I seem to be okay on cheese and sour cream. Can someone tell me what the heck might be going on? Sorry for the long post and thanks for any answers! Peace.
    • CommentAuthorTalismanJ

Is the chicken breast the flash frozen kind (like from Costco, Sam's Club, etc. - in a plastic bag with no cloth mats) or the kind frozen with a cloth mat under the chicken (i.e. Gold N' Plump, etc.)?

You should only eat chicken that is flash frozen as the chicken with the cloth/plastic mats are loaded with Salicylates as the cloth mat is loaded with the salicylates to preserve the chicken.

Butter is not the problem as the salicylates are negligible in butter.

Good luck!
    • CommentAuthorTalismanJ

Please remember drinking water as noted in my healing method is a key as the body stores salicylates in our liver and our kidneys - the water allows the body to flush out salicylates in the kidneys through the urine. You need to minimize your intake of salicylates and increase your body's ability to remove salicylates from the body.

As noted in my healing method - During the day take a 5 oz. Dixie cup and fill it full of water. Drink it with small sips. Repeat 2 more times. The 8 to 10 glasses (8 oz.) of water a day is a fairly accurate rule to live by. Small sips as believe it or not the human body can only process water at a small clip so those who guzzle their water most of it goes straight to the kidneys for urination and not used by the body to transport vitamins and minerals. REMEMBER you can drink too much water and it can be harmful to you when you do. Be smart. But it is true you can urinate salicylates out of your kidneys by drinking water. I use tap water filtered by Du Pont carbon filter and whole house filter. You can buy a filter that adapts to your kitchen sink faucet from Lowe's, Menards, Home Depot, etc.).

Removing the salicylate build up in the kidneys will also aid the load of salicylates on the liver. And of course minimizing alcohol consumption as alcohol is Hell on the liver.
    • CommentAuthorZenraven

TalismanJ, Thank you for your thoughts! It was fresh chicken in a bag, it DID have one of the mats made of cloth and plastic, I had to cut out beef packed in the foam cartons in the past but the cloth/plastic combo was not even in my mind as a problem! I might try eating a small amount of plain butter to see if I still have an issue ( eww I know ) I drink quite a lot of water because I am on beta blockers for a heart problem and I tend to retain a bunch of water If I don't drink enough during the day. I started taking a B complex a few weeks ago could that in any way be harming me? Again thank you, I will stick to the flash frozen I buy from Costco from now on.
    • CommentAuthorTalismanJ

You're welcome Zenraven!

I would consider drinking in small sips of water as scientific fact all of our bodies can only absorb a small amount of water at one time as the rest is immediately sent to the kidneys for removal from the body without the water being used to transport vitamins, etc. throughout the body.

Also, regarding being allergic to egg whites you should consider the following as eggs contain sulfites which would cause an allergic reaction if you do not have enough molybdenum in your diet:

The body only needs a small amount of the trace mineral molybdenum which we can get easily from our diets. The problem is when you have a high copper diet the molybdenum gets used up rapidly by combining with the copper not the sulphites in our bodies. Men are supposed to have a 9 to 1 ratio zinc to copper diet and women are supposed to have a 4 to 1 ratio zinc to copper diet. Unfortunately a majority of the healthy foods they promote today (sweet potato, avocado, etc.) are high in copper and low in zinc coupled with the demonizing of eating red meat (best most absorbable zinc source - you can have 6 to 8 servings a week spread out) you have many people with high copper diets. The dark meat of the chicken (legs, wings, thighs) would be your other source of zinc as they have 19% zinc per leg, thigh, etc. A hamburger has 54% zinc.

Lower your copper intake in your diet, lower your intake of high sulphite foods and preservatives such as maple syrup, brown sugar, etc. and include green beans, oatmeal, 2% white milk (not chocolate as chocolate is loaded with copper) buy in glass bottle or jug not plastic (as the molybdenum will be used up attaching itself to the toxins seeped into the milk from the plastic jug), vanilla custard (Culver's Custard, etc.) and some kidney, black, etc. beans in your diet and you will get the results you are looking for. Remember too much molybdenum (usually from taking too many supplements) can be toxic to the body.

Go to World's Healthiest Foods website WHfoods.com and they have a list of 100 healthiest foods where they give you a breakdown of the vitamins and minerals in a serving of food - this will help you rebalance your diet.

Here is a website with a complete list of foods and drinks that have molybdenum in them in varying degrees.

http://wholefoodcatalog.info/nutrient/molybdenum/nuts_and_seeds/high/

This link will take you to one of the lists, then from there scroll down and you will be able to access the other lists of foods.

I have added Rye bread to my diet and it is an excellent source of molybdenum.

Also, most people who have an issue with sulfites usually have an issue with bad breath in some form - this is because sulphur is a cause of bad breath and sulfites are a form of sulphur. Getting the proper amount of molybdenum from your diet will curb the bad breath and will also alleviate some bloating in the stomach area as sulfites will also cause bloating.
    • CommentAuthorTalismanJ

Eating more foods with molybdenum allows you to eat more foods with sulfites like eggs, brown sugar, etc.
    • CommentAuthorZenraven

OMG! TalismanJ! You are my favorite person right now! I have spent so much time trying to figure everything out, it can be so hard and discouraging. My allergist and doctor are of no help past trying to diagnose, and my allergist only suggested avoiding my allergies and coming in twice a week for shots. In a matter of a few hours you have provided much more information and everything you have said has been amazingly helpful! Thank you again, I will update as I make changes to my diet.
    • CommentAuthorTalismanJ
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2017 edited

Thank you.

I took allergy shots for 4 years at the highest dosage level and it was at best a placebo effect and at worst a waste of my time and money. Fed up - I researched and discovered the solution to allergies - I've been healed of allergies for over 6 years now.You also need to strengthen your adrenal glands.
    Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional rather just a person sharing/recommending medical knowledge and/or solutions based off of my personal experience and/or my anecdotal evidence in me overcoming salicylate sensitivity whereas you should always rely on and/or seek professional medical consultation and/or services when dealing with your health and well being.
    • CommentAuthorwutamess
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2017

Zenraven
    It might also be helpful if you have enough foods to do a 4 day food rotation to help from becoming allergic to the foods you can eat.
    Be Blessed
    Wutamess