Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.2 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorc-dub
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2017

I think I might have SS but am new to all of this and am really struggling finding foods that don't cause symptoms. I don't have symptoms anywhere but orally. If I eat certain foods, broccoli, chocolate, vinegar, strawberries etc I get a sore tongue and I notice this awful halitosis for about 2 days. I also notice it if I take any medicines. Does anyone else have this problem. It is very embarrassing and I can't get rid of it. I have excellent oral hygiene. I wonder too if I have oral lichen planus also. Dr appt in 2 weeks. Please tell me I'm not the only one with this issue.
    • CommentAuthorlindyd
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2017

Doesn't sound like typical SS symptoms.. have you looked into Oral Allergy Syndrome?
    • CommentAuthorc-dub
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2017

I will check that out. Thank you.
    • CommentAuthorPoppie007
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2017

I agree that it does sound like SS symptoms, especially if you are not able to take any medicines. I have oral lichen planus and the symptoms of that tend to be white blotchy patches on the inside of your cheeks, ulcers in the mouth and on the tongue. Unfortunately, many doctors aren't that responsive or sympathetic when you mention salicylate problems, mainly due to the fact that they dont understand it and will, therefore, dismiss it. Sorry to say it but you will need to do your own research and keep a food diary to figure out what you can eat.