Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.2 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorSheila
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2017

I also have developed a serious starch allergy. This includes all starches and any starch vegg.
    My head spins and I am dopey/sleepy.

The mold allergy, I've always had but now that includes, anything fermented in any way, cheese, yoghurt, vinegars. Cottage cheese etc.
    If I am unlucky enough to enter a place were mold is growing.....I collapse.

If anyone can work that nightmare out, please let me know.
    • CommentAuthorTalismanJ
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2017

Hello Sheila,

By the sounds of it I would start with balancing your zinc copper ratio which should be 4 to 1 zinc to copper for females. Sounds like your mind is racing ("head spins") and you have brain fog/tired ("dopey/sleepy") which is a tell tale of a high copper diet.
    • CommentAuthorSheila
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2017

Copper in take In diet, almost nil !
    • CommentAuthorjab41
    • CommentTime7 days ago

Hello Sheila, I am new to this forum but have been suffering with food intolerances and chemical/perfume sensitivities for the last year or so after high dose NSAID use for back pain and hormone changes in pregnancy. Problem food for me include gluten, dairy, eggs, potatoes, amines, sals- there is not much I can eat really. Basmati rice is one thing that until recently I could eat alot of, but after a cold I noticed a tingling in my mouth most of the time. I then started to taste the rice in my mouth all the time. I always soak and then thoroughly wash the rice, but I was beginning to have terrible brain fog too. I then decided to try another brand of rice, an organic one this time, and wow- I felt so much better and that taste had gone. However, over the last month I noticed that the rice was cooking oddly (cost-cutting by the supermarket giving an inferior product maybe), it was more starchy and gloopy, not fluffy like it had been in the beginning- and slowly I was getting a tingly mouth with the rice taste there again. Now, I have found a few different organic rice packets from different supermarkets and they are less starchy and my head is the clearest! I can not manage potatoes at all, but I am not sure now if it is the chemical solanine in them I can't handle but instead maybe it is the starch- are their any varieties that are less starchy than others?!

With respect to the mould, I noticed when we changed our kitchen tap for a new one that my head felt alot better, and a funny tongue taste I had had for ages disappeared overnight. But I then felt funny whenever I used water from the other taps in the house to brush my teeth, for example, as it brought back the same tingles/taste- so I put that down to mould in the taps because the water is the same coming into my house but the taps are all 10 years old, except the brand new one in the kitchen- and I have no problem with that! So i understand your sensitivity to starch and mould and it might be worth changing your taps for drinking/cooking water and brushing your teeth/washing your face. We are saving up too to install a mechanical ventilation system in our house that will keep the air clean and suck away damp to minimise mould formation in the first place.... here's hoping as my eyes get so itchy when I come into contact with it. I also change my toothbrush once a week as I notice that mould can build up and the tongue taste comes back.

Best wishes,

Jane