Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.2 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorMilysa
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2017 edited

Hello,
    I am an adolescent in the USA. I am very interested in the effects of salicylates on humans (i.e. Salicylate intolerance and salicylate sensitivity). I am interested the effects that they can have on the body (and specific types that may generate a different response in different people) symptoms, things that make it worse, etc. I am also interested in the effects that other natural chemicals (such as glutamates, amines, dairy, wheat, grains and soy) can have on sensitive individuals. Also, artificial chemicals, (like additives, such as msg, anatto and artificial food dyes).
    I am interested in what makes these sensitivities worse (maybe a certain meditation), what initiated them in the first place, and what (if anything) prolonged their symptoms. I am interested in MCS, too (sensitivity to VOCS, fumes, carcinogens and the like). As well, I am curious to know why people have them in the first place (i.e.: people were born with them [genetic], have developed them due to some sort of external cause [medication of some sort], etc. I am interested in the role of vitamins and dietary supplements in food intolerance (and if it can be made worse/better with lack of or more of adequate vitamins/nutrition. Also, I want to know if certain (possibly extraneous) supplements can benefit or lessen the effects of a particular food intolerance (or in general), their absorption (are certain ones less absorbed in food intolant individuals? If yes how can we allow them to be better absorbed?) and other extraneous causes that may make food intolerance/sensitivities better or worse. I am interested in whether certain industrial chemicals worsen certain symptoms in certain individuals (and if so, how?) How does stress play a factor in the equation (and in what studies have shown that)? How does one's external environment place a role? If it does, to how much of an extent? Would there be some way to measure this in the brain? What else/other systems are important in the body for chemical sensitivities?
    Further, I am interested in the sociological aspect of food/chemical sensitivities, including (but not limited to) how natural and artificial chemicals have been increasing in our food supply (causing more effects on more people [whether very sensitive or not] over time), why/how/when processed foods started being invented (and if there has been an increase in food sensitivities because of this) and how the role of food intolerance has played an effect on society in general.
    In order to find answers to all of my questions, obviously much more research and studies would have to be conducted to find out. Some of it, can be researched and I have definitely found help from this site here. Though, I am very interested in this topic and want to learn more of what's out there.
    My underlying question-
    Does anyone on this forum know of any *current* studies (especially in the US) that are being conducted regarding any of these topics that I have mentioned? I would like to know about them so I can try to obtain more information on this topic and figure out if and how I may be able to be a part of some of the research...
    PLEASE let me know if you know of anything or any current researchers who might be of help in this regard.

Thank you.

Morgan