Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.2 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorKiwi
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2017

I am so run down and my diet is hopeless due to SS. I don't get serious symptoms unless I eat high sals, but I seem to get watery eyes quite easily. My diet consists of GF bread, chickpeas, lentils, rice protein powder, potato, kumara (sweet potato) and green beans, but I want to include more fruit and veg and eat less bread. Although I eat the veg mentioned, I don't eat large amounts due to SS. I take a MV, calcium, magnesium, vit D3, omega/coQ10, a B complex, folic acid and am on B12 injections. I have low stomach acid and take HCl if I can get away with it as my esophagus doesn't close.

I am thinking of adding more low sal things like tinned pears, banana, leeks, beetroot, small amounts of cauliflower etc. Is anybody here abe to eat paleo on a low sal diet? That's what I want to do.

Thanks for reading.

Cheers
    Kiwi
    • CommentAuthorTalismanJ
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2017 edited

Hello Kiwi,

You are "run down" because of your diet. White potato will drain your adrenal glands. Green beans and sweet potato are great for your adrenal glands. However, your diet is also very high in copper and very low in zinc which is horrible as it severely drains your adrenal glands. Also, chickpeas and lentils have numerous toxins most notably the lectins which are high even if you soak the beans - with said toxins also being neurotoxins.

Adding bananas is a bad idea as they will further drain your adrenal glands. You need to add absorbable zinc to your diet which is found mainly in red meat and the dark meat of chicken. Also calcium from butter and dairy sources. I presume GF bread is gluten free bread. I also presume you suffer from heavy brain fog due to your weakened adrenal glands.

You will find if you balance out your zinc to copper ratio (9 to 1 zinc to copper for males and 4 to 1 zinc to copper for females) your gluten issue and most of your "run down" feeling will be eliminated.

And yes, I've published an adrenal fatigue ebook here is the link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06ZY54PDL
    • CommentAuthorKiwi
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2017

Hi TalismanJ

Your advice is probably excellent, but unfortunately, due to my various health issues, the foods I mentioned are the only ones I can eat. My stomach acid is so low due to being prescribed PPIs for 8 years, that I cannot digest animal proteins efficiently and my kidneys would be further damaged if I tried.

Thanks for responding.

:)
    • CommentAuthorTalismanJ

Hydration from water is a crucial key to reviving and maintaining your adrenal glands.

Drink in small sips of water as it's a scientific fact all of our bodies can only absorb a small amount of water at one time as the rest is immediately sent to the kidneys for removal from the body without the water being used to transport vitamins, minerals, etc. throughout the body. So those who guzzle their water most of it goes straight to the kidneys for urination and not used by the body to transport vitamins, minerals, etc. throughout the body.

During the day take a 5 oz. Dixie cup and fill it full of water. Drink it with small sips. Repeat 2 more times. Repeat these steps throughout the day.
    The 8 to 10 glasses (8 oz.) of water a day is a fairly accurate rule to live by.

REMEMBER you can drink too much water and it can be harmful to you when you do including death. Be smart and use caution.

I use tap water filtered by Du Pont carbon filter and whole house filter. You can buy a filter that adapts to your kitchen sink faucet from Lowe's, Menards, Home Depot, etc.).
    • CommentAuthorTalismanJ

I would suggest you also take a zinc supplement if you can't digest animal protein - to raise your zinc level above your copper level.
    • CommentAuthorTalismanJ

I would add beets (activates liver enzymes), small red delicious apples (activates liver enzymes), milk and scrambled eggs to your diet.
    • CommentAuthorTalismanJ

Also have children's Benadryl liquid at the ready to hold off an attack. Children's Benadryl liquid is for relieving the symptoms - I would have breathing attacks where I couldn't breathe - I would take a cap full of the Benadryl and it would relieve my symptoms in about 20 to 30 minutes.

Good luck!