Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.2 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthordave.s
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2017

Hey guys,

Gonna make this concise and hopefully helpful as my case is without a doubt SS.

FYI I'm a 30 year old male and have always been in top physical condition

:: How it developed ::

I've been lurking for over a year. A year and a half ago I was over-using antibiotics. Then over the course of 2 months I had increasingly worse bouts of hives. I couldn't figure it out. Finally I had a hangover and took a lot of ibuprofen and a half hour later I had an incredible amount of hives all over my body, my voice was super deep, and I felt like my throat was closing. Then the hives started coming after eating (albeit must less than when I had taken ibuprofen). Through an incredible amount of trial and error I know it is without a doubt due to salicylates.

:: Possibly helpful things I've noticed in the last year ::

- When I'm about to get hives my face and body get pretty hot.
    - Hives used to always begin by forming on wrists first but only randomly now. 90% of the time I get them on my face. And I ALWAYS get them on my feet.
    - I react so predictably that I can deduce without a doubt that SS reactions are a cumulative effect. By this I mean that if I am good I can consume things that I know I shouldn't and get away with it but if I keep that up I'll eventually react and then be so saturated that a tiny amount of anything will trigger me.

:: Diet ::

- This dish I eat for 90% of my meals (beef, pork, or chicken with rice/black beans/peas)
    - Fruits: golden delicious apples (peeled) and sometimes bananas (though I am suspect of them)
    - Grind my own cashew butter from raw cashews and soybean oil. Usually have this with rice crackers.
    - Occasionally crackers/bread (without sulphites because I react to them as I can't have vinegar, sauerkraut, or eggs)

:: Vitamins ::

- Carlson's Cod Liver oil every single day and I do believe this helps (also my source of vitamin A)
    - Saccharomyces boulardii twice a day (this is a life saver for regularity)
    - Vitamin C (make sure no rose hips)
    - Vitamin D3 (make sure it's not cut with olive oil)
    - Vitamin E
    - Magnesium, Zinc, Calcium
    - I avoid all b vitamins because I can't tolerate them at all and try not to worry about it since they're so prevalent in meats

:: Other symptoms::

- I feel bad for a lot of you because your symptoms can possibly be related to anything and without a very strict degree of attention to your symptoms and when they're occurring you may keep guessing incorrectly. I get hives and I'm grateful for that because I know for sure what they're coming from.
    - Whenever I get hives I usually get these symptoms as well: congestion, poor sleep, foggy mind, poor memory, tired, upset stomach

Hope some of you find this useful or can take it as solace since I'm such a cut and dry case of SS and probably sulphite sensitivity.

Please message me if you have any questions/suggestions at all.
    • CommentAuthordustygirl
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2017

You could have histamine sensitivity given those hives. Stop the bananas. They encourage mast cell degranulation. You wrecked your gut with the antibiotics and ibuprofen (and alcohol!). Go to a dietician and figure it out. Sure you are sals intolerant. But I bet amines bother you too with those hives.

I also was 100% certain I was sals intolerant. On 5 foods for 3 years. Ha. But it's not that simple. Find a dietician that graduated from Bastyr. In the Pacific Northwest see Reiko Suddoth. I bet she skypes.